The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Three Thanksgivings

Thanksgiving was... well, a blur!  We had fun, but wish we didn't live so far from my family.  Thursday we went to Arab to celebrate with my Daddy's daddy's side of the family.  It's a big gathering with Pappaw's brother and sisters and all their kids and grands and great-grands.  The boys did great, took short naps and ate some peas before we had to pack up and head back home.  Such a short trip!  I don't really have any good pictures, I forgot to get out the camera!  Here's all of my Pappaw's kids & their families that were there.


Friday was our Thanksgiving with Andrew's family.  We went to his parents house a little before lunch and had a little play time before everyone else got there.  We had gumbo, which was yummy!  (I think that's my second time to have gumbo.)  Andrew's dad had to go to work that afternoon, but the rest of us stayed and watched the Iron Bowl.  I was disappointed with the Tide, but glad they pulled it out.  I'm scared for the Florida game, though.  I hope they get it back together!!  Here's Aidan playing with Pops before lunch.


Saturday was Thanksgiving with my mom's family.  This year we had it at a cousin's new house in Ashland City, TN - about 30 minutes west of Nashville.  We weren't totally packed Friday night (big mistake), but we left as soon as we got ready after the boys morning bottles.  Not soon enough.  It took us about an hour to get on the road after their bottles, so the 4 hour trip was just a little too long.  I drove most of the way, but ended up in the backseat trying to feed them cereal once we got close to Shawn & Tara's house.  Did I mention I get carsick really easily and that's why I usually drive?  Yeah. I wanted to throw up by the time we got there, and Aidan refused to eat any cereal in the car so he screamed until he got his bottle.  Great trip!  But the day went on and was excellent after that.  The kids went outside and played in a huge pile of leaves (it looked like fun) while we all took pictures. 



Then we had a wonderful late lunch and visited with family.  Just before lunch, my cousin Catherine announced her engagement!  I'm so excited for her, she's the cousin closest to my age and we always used to play together and loved sleeping over when we could (they live in Nashville).  I was impressed, she kept it a secret from all but her immediate family until just then!  She pulled the ring out of her pocket and everything!  We are happy to welcome her fiance Philip into the family!  Here's Catherine & I at my wedding.

It's your turn now, Catherine!

here's brother & sister Michael (left) & Catherine with fiance Philip (right) playing with Aidan
This side of the family always shares what we're thankful for.  We used to have a Thankful Turkey that we would stick our Thankful Cards in after we had written down what we were most thankful for each year, but I think he fell apart.  We now have a Grateful Gourd!  After lunch, we all sit together and someone reads all the cards aloud.  Shawn & Tara's screened-in porch was perfect for that.

After all the festivities, we drove down to Huntsville and spent the night with Mama & Daddy.  The kids were happy to have us for another day and it was nice to see everyone at church and not have to rush back home.  We got back home about supper time on Sunday.  Yesterday, Andrew took the day off to relax since we didn't really get to do that over the "break."  I wanted to get the Christmas tree up, but... nope.  Washed clothes all morning and cleaned up a little.  Today, I can't find the tree, so maybe tomorrow.  :)  Yesterday afternoon, we also went to see a different neurologist about some things that I think have been off with me since the seizures.  He did a little physical exam and said everything looked fine.  I've gone back to not sleeping well, so he thinks that is part of it.  It sounds silly, but we went to the neurologist to hear "drink plenty of fluids and exercise regularly."  We're glad there's nothing wrong, anyway!  I'll get right on that exercising, too.  Maybe.

No comments: