All new this week: Jordan got his belly off the ground!! He was up on his hands and knees, just not very for very long and his belly wasn't real high off the ground. But he's on his way to crawling! Considering how quickly this has happened since he started rolling (and still doesn't roll to get any farther than the next toy), I don't think it will be long before he's off! This is exciting, but scary! I'll be getting the play yard from my mom this weekend. It took me about 15 minutes to get a good picture of it, but here it is.
"Do you really think I'm going to do this for the camera?"
Up!!
That is hard work!!
Aidan still only rolls front to back, and not very often. I think he's just lazy. :)
Also, this week we've been sitting up!! They don't have great balance yet, but they started this weekend sitting up and propping on their hands (leaned over their legs, like a frog). Last night (and again today), Jordan sat straight up!! He's been "doing crunches" for about a week and wanting to sit up all the time and now we know why! I can't believe we're already here - almost 6 months old!
Please excuse the spit-up. :) We get what we can. Today, our friend Magen came to visit. She's just been offered a job in Nashville and we're happy for her, but sad she'll be leaving. We'll miss her visits a lot!! She left around lunch and my mother-in-law came and took us out for lunch. Mama Goldberg's was yummy, as always, and then we went walking at Heardmont Park. We walked for probably an hour - it was gorgeous outside! Not Christmas weather at all, but I really needed that time out of the house. It was good to get some exercise, too. Tonight, Sheila stayed for supper, and a cousin of hers brought us some toys and clothes that her kids have outgrown. Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about a blessing. Two garbage bags full of toys and another of clothes. Excellent condition. We're so thankful. God has used so many friends and family members to bless our lives this year, especially this month. He is truly faithful.
Two songs that are on my heart this week:
Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts.
Let us not lift our souls to another.
And, oh God, let us be a generation that seeks,
who seeks Your face, oh God of Jacob.
I will never be the same again.
I can never return, I've closed the door.
I will walk the path, I'll run the race.
And I will never be the same again.
Fall like fire, soak like rain.
Flow like mighty waters again and again.
Sweep away the darkness, burn away the chaff,
and let a flame burn to glorify Your name.
There are higher heights, there are deeper seas.
Whatever You need to do, Lord do it in me.
The glory of God fills my life
And I will never be the same again.
No comments:
Post a Comment