We ran ourselves ragged again this Christmas - we must stop doing that! I just hate to miss out on any family. Thursday night, we went with the Alanizes to a Christmas Eve service at their church and went back to their house for supper and presents. I didn't get any pictures because we were later than I expected which made the babies fussy and me stressed. I'm sad it went that way and I didn't get any pictures, but I'm sure Sheila did. Friday morning, we went back over there to see what Santa brought in our stockings. I still didn't get any pictures because my camera batteries died! Sheesh. But they got lots of cute clothes, a learning puppy who sings songs (they love it), some stacking cups, and each a VeggieTales CD that puts their name into songs. Andrew and I also got clothes, a George Foreman!!, and some gift cards. We left after lunch that day and headed up to my Pappaw's in Arab to be with my daddy's family. We were only there for about an hour before it was time to head up to Huntsville for the night. My brother and his wife and baby girl were there, so everyone was together on Christmas night. We had a nice dinner and opened more presents! The boys got more cute clothes, some stacking rings and a precious pull toy duck, new jammies, new learning cards (like flashcards), and I'm drawing blank on the rest. I got the 2nd season of Friends on DVD - whoohoo! Andrew got a travel coffee mug, which he'd been needing. I know there was more, but once it's unpacked, it's hard to remember! It was fun, though. The new jammies came from a family friend, and she got all the grandkids a pair. We took several shots trying to get a good one (most are hilarious). Here's a few:
Saturday morning, Andrew and the boys and I went with Sarah to Target because she needed some jeans. I had some birthday money to spend, and I found a pair of jeans, too!! This is an amazing accomplishment!! They fit, they look nice, they don't make my belly a muffin top!! I feel good in them and now I just need to hem them. Excellent! Then we went on over to my mom's cousin's house for her side of the family's Christmas. All the cousins were there and it's always nice to see everyone and get to sit and talk. This year, we just did presents for the little kids. Aidan and Jordan got a little toy each, 2 cans of formula, and a Target gift card! We love free formula. We also got some cute cute books from another cousin (just because she loves books and loves to share books) - they are by Eric Carle - who wrote The Hungry Caterpillar - and they're shapes and colors and numbers and seriously very cute. We had Christmas dinner and the kids sang songs for everyone before they got their gifts. pictures:
Taking a bow! Cute, aren't they?
We are still teething (no new teeth showing yet). The growth spurt isn't as bad as I thought - the last time we really had a crazy one, I was still nursing and that was seriously challenging. Now I can just add another ounce to the bottle. I must say, I prefer this in dealing with twins. But I still reflect and miss that special time we share while nursing. Anyway! We had a good Christmas and we have now put away all the decorations. Time to sort through the new stuff, find places to put it, and put up the play yard! Both boys are now rolling back and forth at will. Still not using it to get them across the floor, but they definitely are creeping and scooting. Jordan is really good at sitting up, but needs to learn not to fling himself backwards toward the floor. Aidan is working on it. Jordan has started blowing raspberries with his tongue - too cute! I'll try to get pictures of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment