I think this picture sums up yesterday pretty well. We all felt like this at the end of the day. Evidently, Jordan still feels like this today. Teeth. Please, God, let them come in soon. I can feel them in his gums and you can see the little bumps. He hasn't taken more than a 7 ounce bottle in days. He's not sleeping well (naps or nighttime). The plus side? It's just him for now. Aidan isn't nearly as fussy, but I feel like his teeth are just as far in progression of coming up. I'm not complaining. After getting up twice the night before last, and trying to keep J asleep in the recliner for an hour yesterday morning, I called the pediatrician's office when they finished their second bottles of the day. The nurse said yes, it sounds like teething. She also said to stock up on tylenol, motrin, teething tablets, orajel, teething rings, etc. - anything that will help make them more comfortable. So we packed it up and headed to Walmart. I got teething tablets which seem to help some. I skipped the orajel because I have a coupon to use at Publix later. I got a set of three little freezing rings that they don't seem very interested in yet. I'll keep trying those, though. I put some cloths in the fridge - Aidan like it, and in the freezer - that's a no-go. I also got a big teether that looks like a strawberry and vibrates when you bite it. :) J thinks it's interesting, but not helpful, I guess. My wonderful Andrew also came home a little early, found me sacked out on the couch, and took the monitor away so that I could sleep more soundly. Oh, a glorious nap. He also put the monitor on his side of the bed last night, which let me sleep better. I think I only got up once last night, and so did he. This was after bottles during my breakfast this morning. Pitiful, isn't he? (on the right)

Still not real happy campers, but they did enjoy looking at books while I ate my cereal. Aidan is definitely happier, but I don't know if that's going to change soon or what. He's still sleeping really well and eating more than enough, but those hands are always in the mouth. I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks because those teeth are definitely on their way in. This, along with daylight savings, kind of messes up our plans for next week. Andrew has a business thing and I was going to spend a couple days in Huntsville. They're not too far off schedule, but with J not feeling any better than he is, I hate to throw another kink in things! We'll see what happens. I've already made plans to see some friends, so we will do that for sure. We have our 4 month well-baby visit on Thursday - a couple of shots will make us all feel better, right?? :( And of course, this is the time when Andrew's getting more responsibility added to his load at work. Again, not complaining (trying not to, anyway). It's a good thing, we want that for him. But wouldn't it be nice if he could work 5 hours a day and work from home and still get the same pay?? Wouldn't it be great if I could squeeze in a couple of hours of work a day from home with great pay?? :) I'll put that on my Christmas list.
1 comment:
Hang in there! I think teething is just as hard on Mom and Dad as it is on babies. Take lots of pictures of them while they're still toothless! They're too cute for words.
Post a Comment