If you voted for us in the Photo Contest, thank you. If you haven't voted yet, don't bother. The voting thing went totally haywire and people started acting much younger than they probably are. Last night there were at least 40 comments on the post - most of them negative in one way or another toward the contestants and other people who commented - most of them anonymous. A lot of people really showed their backsides and all in the name of promoting precious baby pictures. Very sad.
So let me say this about all this wonderful technology that we have developed and that we all cherish so much (this may take all day): It allows people everywhere to let go of integrity and let whatever garbage they're thinking fly freely from their .. fingertips. That's the beauty of anonymity. Didn't your mama teach you better than that?? I know mine did. And I love technology. My daddy is a software engineer and I've always loved to see what cool things he's been a part of designing and creating and how things work in that world. Not surprisingly, I married a man who also has a degree in Computer Science. I finished my degree in graphic design because I love being able to create things using computers. Technology is amazing. It lets me talk to my family in other cities and states any time I want to. It lets me keep in touch with friends who have moved away with letters that don't require postage. It gives me a place to put all my thoughts and feelings without having to write (which is more difficult for whatever reason) and the ability to share those thoughts with whoever I wish. I can send pictures of my babies to my friends in Central America and Europe. I can share in the lives of people I don't get to see everyday and I love that. Isn't it sad that some of the people out there have to ruin it for everyone? Just because you can say what you're thinking without anyone knowing it was you, does not mean you should. I can only guess that people don't know or care how classless or ignorant they sound. I thought by now that everyone would know that if someone has to nitpick other people all the time, they are simply covering up their own insecurities.
I started this post early this morning and now I'm not as hot about the subject as I was, so I will leave it at that. In other news, Aidan has two teeth!! The first one showed through the skin yesterday afternoon & I was afraid it would get covered back up if his gums swelled up again, but it hasn't. This morning, I thought I saw a little of the second tooth and tonight, it's through! It's not as far up as the other one yet. But he's acted just fine and happy! Jordan, on the other hand, is a different story. His are not through yet, and he's very clingy and sleepy and congested at night. I hope his come in soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment