Target formula was on sale a week or two ago, so we stocked up - it was only a little more than a dollar off, but that's more than $4 a week saved for us. And that's over $200 a year. Thankfully, my sweet mother-in-law was at Target when I called her and she bought 12 cans for us and let me pay her back. I never imagined in my life that I'd have something like this in my house to take pictures of. Someone remind me, how did we get two babies at once? :)
I don't have the pictures of us starting rice cereal because they're on my mom's camera. But it's been two weeks on cereal now, so we started green peas today! We'll do peas once a day all this week and then switch to something else. We did it before their afternoon bottle while we were over at the Alanizes for lunch. Aidan took it like a champ and actually didn't push it out of his mouth as much as he's done with the cereal. It must have been the thickness of it, so I guess I'll make the cereal a little thicker. Poor Jordan really didn't like them at all. He's been really good about opening his mouth when he sees the spoon of cereal coming - he stopped doing that for the peas after about 3 bites. He made a big mess and Aidan was completely clean - it was like opposite day! They ate in their carseats since Sheila doesn't have high chairs or feeding seats, but it didn't bother them at all.
I've been working with both of them on rolling from back to tummy - letting them grab my hands and then pulling them to their sides and letting them do the rest. They think it's funny that I clap every time. Both of Aidan's teeth are through the gums! They never got covered back up and he's happy and making funny faces feeling them with his tongue and top lip. He sticks his bottom lip out like a pouty face all the time, but he's just playing with his teeth. I took pictures, but it's much funnier in real life. And if we make the same face at him, he laughs at us. Jordan has one tooth coming through the gums - it was out last night - but it keeps getting covered back up by the swollen gums. He's pretty cranky and clingy. Much less tolerant than Aidan has been. We're getting our sleep schedule back, though, which is excellent. Today was a 7 AM morning, which I LOVE. Hopefully we can hold down our schedule this week, even though we'll be here and gone and the routine will be off. Aidan can get pretty cranky when the schedule is off. Example: Today I messed them up by not getting their cereal in at all this afternoon/evening. So they got their bottles really early (around 7:15) and Aidan got really sleepy, so we let him take a little nap. We woke him up to get PJs on and get another small bottle to top them off. He wouldn't take much, so Andrew just tried to put him back to sleep. Well, it was too late, he was already out of sorts. He fussed and fussed at Andrew, so after I got Jordan down, I took Aidan from him. I rocked him for about 15 minutes and the whole time he had his head on my shoulder, but he was talking. I think he must have been telling on Andrew - that or fussing at me to just lay him down because once I did, he was out. He looks like me, but he is Andrew's personality to a T. They must eat when they want to eat and they must sleep when they want to sleep - no two ways about it! Like father, like son. :)
3 comments:
Lorelei is blogging with me this morning. She was SCREAMING (happy screams) look at your boys. Love connection???
Well, we should definitely get them together then!! But she's gonna have to choose!
Glad you are getting back in a routine, sorry it will be a week of crazy times. Enjoyed the weekend with you. Will have to talk about this coming weekend in the next day or so.
Post a Comment