This week Andrew has been in Las Vegas on a business trip. Poor thing. ;) He's had fun, but he's ready to come home. His plane gets in this afternoon - yay! We've missed him.
We dropped him off at the airport Sunday morning and drove on up to Huntsville for a couple days. We went with Mimi & Grandpa to their Lifegroup Sunday night and got to play with lots of friends there. The boys were getting over that cough left over from the congestion, and by the time we got there, I had it too. We didn't do much, really, just worked on some craft show stuff and saw some friends. It's hard to remember that so many people haven't even seen the boys yet! But it was a fun visit and we started rice cereal while we were there. I'll get those photos (and video, I think) up here later. B & MC loved them being there - it's nice for there to be a baby for each child to hold so they don't have to fight over one. They were both big helpers and MC even starting putting her hand over the babies' mouths if they coughed! And then she'd say, "Goodness gracious!" She's paying attention, alright. We packed up and headed back here on Wednesday. I've spent the last two nights alone with boys after Sheila helped me get them put to bed. They've done so well! (And I have, too!!) They slept really well both nights. Yesterday morning was another 5 AM feeding, but today was 6:30. Much better. That cereal really seems to be the key. They are back to 5 bottles a day, but I've cut them off at 7 ounces each. Aidan spits up much less that way and they take more cereal. And they sleep a little later in the morning. Hopefully, we'll get used to the cereal and cut back to 4 bottles a day again. They do really well with the cereal, the tongue reflex that makes them push it out of their mouths isn't very strong, so they get a lot of it down. Jordan doesn't care of the taste at first, but he does eat it after making that initial "gross" face. Next week we'll bump it up to 2 cereal feedings a day. I can't believe we're already starting food!! I really wanted to get through the holidays with just bottles, for our sake. But I don't do 5 AM very well. Yesterday morning, Jordan had peed through his sleeper so I changed it. At 9 AM, I realized that I changed his sleeper, but not his diaper. I changed Aidan's diaper, though. Really, 6 AM (or 7 or 8) is much better for me.
Tomorrow is MC's birthday! (My sister's little girl.) She'll be 3 - I can't believe it. Andrew and I can't get to Hsv again for the party, so they're coming to eat supper with us tonight and I made her a cake. Which reminds me, I need to go wrap her presents.
Pictures later, I promise.
AND please read the post below and go VOTE for my pumpkins in the Top 20!!
No comments:
Post a Comment