The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Aidan on the left, Jordan on the right


The sweetest punkins in the patch!!
I orignally posted this Halloween night, but was too tired to write about our night. So I'll do it now while the boys are taking a Sunday morning nap before church. They didn't get very good naps yesterday afternoon or evening (not for lack of trying), so I'm surprised they did as well as they did. Around 4 yesterday afternoon, we went to David and Sheila's church for their trunk-or-treat. We just walked around and saw their friends and showed off our pumpkins. We stayed about 45 minutes and they took bottles while we were there. Then we came back home and tried to put the sleepy pumpkins to bed. Only Aidan really slept and only for about 30 minutes. Jordan took a nap a little later, but it wasn't even that long, I don't think. My bestie Lindsay and her man Scott came over for a short visit on their way to a party. She's living close to ATL, so I don't get to see her much. It was nice to see her for a few minutes and hopefully, I'll get to see a little more of her today. They left shortly after David and Sheila gave us a surprise visit (their trunk-or-treat was only 4-6pm) at the house. Then Andrew's sister Adrienne and her boy Jared came over for a little while. We all sat on the front porch and handed out candy until the pumpkins got cold - it was quite the little party! There were a lot of kids out on the streets trick-or-treating. Aidan and Jordan got to come back inside with the grandparents and get warm and ready for bed. We came in around 8 and didn't get any more trick-or-treaters after that. Then it was bottles and bed! They were worn out, but Jordan didn't sleep very well. He kept waking up crying, which is very unlike him. We hope that was just a weird no-nap day thing - he seems fine today. I've got a twin baby shower to go to this afternoon, so hopefully tonight we'll get to all just sit around and relax in the peace and quiet! :)

1 comment:

Kathy Posey said...

Those are some pretty cute pumpkins!!!!! LOVE that! Been meaning to call you and see how you are....life's been a little nuts as you may have read. Todays post about sums up the last few days for me. LOL!