The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Monday, October 5, 2009

3 months old

I can't even remember what all I've neglected to post on in the last two weeks. I'll do my best to recap.



The weekend of Sept 19, my dad's family all got together at Pappaw's house to celebrate his 80th birthday. It was great to see everybody, and since all of our family was together (my brother and sister and parents), we did a quick photo shoot. That is the first time all of Mimi & Grandpa's grandkids have been together! We really should do it more often.


Andrew and I went up to Huntsville and stayed the night and went to church with them the next morning. Andrew went home on Sunday, but the boys and I stayed until Wednesday. We got to see a few friends, including Ashleigh and her new baby - which I still don't have a picture of us together, for whatever reason. I meant to take one while we were pregnant at the same time and I didn't do that either. We'll have to get back together, Ashleigh!! The boys did really well the whole trip and stuck to their schedule for the most part. By the way, they started sleeping 6 and 7 hours a night just a few days before and kept it up the whole trip!! Excellent babies!!

After we got home, Aidan got sick that weekend. He ran a fever all Saturday and part of Sunday. He was better Sunday night, but Jordan started his fever then. They were both better Monday so we didn't go to the doctor (bad idea), but Monday night, Aidan spiked a 102 under both arms. So we spent that night in the ER (really only 3 or 4 hours, thank goodness) just to find out that it was a fever, just like I thought and there's nothing to do for it. Oh well. Andrew and I got sick with the fever on Tuesday, but mine was gone after that night. His lingered and then he picked up strep while he was slightly under the weather. He went this weekend to the doc-in-the-box and got antibiotics. I think we're all better now. Good grief.


This past weekend was Mt. Laurel's Harvest Festival - it's a farmers' market and craft fair. Mama came down Thursday to help me with the babies and get stuff ready. She and my sister and I hosted a booth there with handicrafts we had made. It was fun, we made very little money, though. But we are just trying to get a handle on how the craft shows work. We had too much variety and we're going to work on that. But we all need the extra money and we're all crafty, so we'll see what else we can get into. Daddy and Sarah and the kids came down Friday night and they all stayed and went to church with us on Sunday. Of course, Andrew didn't get to go to church with us because he was getting tested for strep at the doc-in-the-box. Crazy weekend. But it was great to see them all again and get to play with the kids a little bit.


Also, Mama was here Friday to help me get the boys to their 3 month doctor's appointment. Usually, they don't do one at 3 mos, but we missed the second Hep B shot at the other doctor's office. So we got it Friday. It wasn't nearly as bad as the four shots we got last time. AND, we got to see how big they are!! Always fun. Aidan weighs 13lbs 14oz and is 23.5 inches long - 50 percentile for everything and up 3.5lbs from last month! Go formula :) Jordan weighs 14lbs 12oz and is 24.5 inches long - 75 percentile for everything!! And Dr. Stansell said he figures Aidan would be the same size as Jordan if he wasn't spitting up so much. We had to go up on his Zantac dosage, it wasn't working as well. But the dr said that was probably because he gained 3bls in a month. They both are healthy and look great! Aidan is starting to squeal a little when he talks or cries sometimes. Jordan is starting to talk more than cry - like voice inflection to let me know when he's unhappy instead of just screaming. Jordan pushes up more when he's on his tummy, but Aidan doesn't get as much tummy time because of the reflux. I even have to make sure he's totally asleep when I lay him down at night; otherwise, he spits up as soon as he hits the bed. And he acts like he's always hungry - I feel so bad for him, but I know he's gaining weight, so he's ok. It just makes me a little sad. But he's started taking a pacifier really well and it seems to help the reflux after his bottles. Both are talking a lot and starting to make laughing noises when they get really excited! They will lay on the activity mat and talk to the penguin for a long time, too. AND they've seen each other! They recognize there is another baby there (a different one than they see in the mirror) and they try to get each other's attention. Unfortunately, they've also noticed that sometimes Mommy or Daddy picks up that other baby and not them. That's hard for me, too. And as crazy as it sounds, I still carry them around together sometimes. Not often, but I get one in each arm and rock in the rocking chair, too. That's a lot of baby when it's not balanced nicely in one arm! But I love being able to hold them together. I just may have to get weight belt so I don't throw my back out. :) They're big boys.

No comments: