Thursday, May 6, 2010
Signs!
We're learning baby signs! I thought they would never catch on. But that was mostly my fault because I don't feel like I have enough hands to sign to two babies for juggling all the things I do. But this week, Aidan clapped (once and I missed it), Jordan has been clapping to clap and clapping to say "more," and both are doing a version of "fan." Yay!! They like to do Itsy Bitsy Spider and they've always paid close attention to that one, but this week it just clicked. The sign I'm doing for "more" is one hand closed with fingertips together to the palm of the other hand which is open. And I can see Jordan sometimes using a fist and an open hand and sometimes using two fists and sometimes just clapping. So I'm pretty sure he's saying "more." The funny thing to me is this: "fan" is one finger pointing up and the arm moving in a circle; Aidan is the one who can point with one finger, but he does "fan" with an open hand. Jordan tries to point, but doesn't quite get his pointer finger all the way out. Anyway, it's precious. I love seeing them make connections and figure things out. They are both little engineers, but in very different ways. I will get pictures of them signing this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know Andrew was concerned about the baby signs but I think it is helpful since it allows the kids to let you know what they want when they aren't able to speak. Sure beats the grunts and crying to get what you want! I'm proud of the you for working on this and for the boys figuring it out!
Post a Comment