Isn't this a precious little face? I love him. :) I don't love that he's been snoring something awful for a couple of months now. I thought it was just allergies and congestion and it's not all the time, so I hadn't worried too much. But then we noticed him stirring around every so often and felt that it was something like sleep apnea (where they stop breathing for a few seconds and then rouse to a lighter stage of sleep). So our pediatrician sent us to an ENT at Children's last week. Not a fun appointment. I took both boys by myself during their naptime (could it get much worse?). They were actually really good, but we were there for 2 hours. There were a million people there and after we got taken back, we were immediately sent down for an xray of his adenoids because his tonsils look fine. It took three tries to get the xray because he's strong as an ox and had to have two people holding him down. Finally we got to see the actual doctor who showed me on the xray how his adenoids are so enlarged that his nasal passage is almost completely obstructed. Poor little guy, no wonder he mouth-breathes. I didn't set up the surgery then because Andrew wasn't with me, but we've talked about it and it seems inevitable. We also found out that Andrew's dad has large adenoids that cause him some problems, so we're wondering if it's hereditary (and possibly the cause of all Andrew's gag-reflex problems). I'll be talking to the nurse this week to see if we can schedule the surgery for a week or two after the boys' birthday. It's outpatient surgery and the recovery is just a sore throat for about 4 days afterward. It shouldn't be bad at all. I just hate the thought of it. But if it helps him breathe and sleep, then he needs it. I am thankful, though, that he's still eating and gaining weight and perfectly healthy in all other ways. It could be affecting him much worse.
Oh, and he weighed in at 24 lbs!!
This is him playing with a toy pot that I kept putting on his head and saying "hat." After about 3 times, he picked it up and put it on his own head! So cute.
3 comments:
Do it before he starts talking! Dad said it tore his heart out to send Trent to get his tonsils removed because Trent kept saying things like, "Where are they taking me?" and "Why can't you come with me?" and all of that. Tore him up bad, and to be honest, it would me too! Glad it's nothing too serious for the sweet li'l guy. Funny that only one got the big adenoids, but thank goodness, right?
I remember when you had tubes and then had your ceft repaired and it is horrible to let them go and not be able to go with them. But the nurses are always the best that deal with the babies and they will take wonderful care of him. I love, love, love the second picture, can you put it up for me to get a copy?
love you and hugs to the boys!
Here is the message about the giveaway on wild and precious, i found it from the Blog Giveaway site.
Post a Comment