Just toys :) Last week, I bought a couple of big toys from a member of the multiples club. We have a weekly email that goes out and people can put in ads for stuff they want to sell or buy - it's excellent. My main purpose was to buy a play kitchen to put in my kitchen to keep them out of my pots and pans (not likely). But the other reason is that my kitchen has very few cabinets and the only ones they can reach are on either side of the oven and under the sink. Those are not okay for them to be playing in, so I needed a distraction. They already have both bottom shelves of my storage bookcase, but those don't open and close (they're no fun). So I found a kitchen that was exceptionally clean and excellently priced:
This was $35!!! She sold me a few dish toys and things like that, but I'm still in the market for some realistic looking pots and pans (ie., with metal parts that clang). They are a little short for it, but it opens and closes and they can stand up to play and they love it. Mission accomplished! But this kind lady was cleaning out her garage and asked me what else I wanted. I asked her what she had. I decided to buy this from her:
It's a housefront with a door that swings open both ways that sings and everything else. They can stand at it, crawl through and around, open and close the door, mailbox, and window, and turn the lights on and off. And Aidan has learned how to ring the doorbell. :) It's a good toy for their room because we really didn't have anything big in there. It was $15!! I wouldn't have paid a penny more because some stickers are missing and the shape-sorter came without shapes. But boys are likely to tear stuff up anyway, so...
I also got a wagon. Another member who has been very generous to us in the past, just wanted to give it away because her family never uses it. I was all about that!! It was dirty and muddy, but it cleaned up perfectly fine. I haven't gotten a picture of it yet, but the boys had fun riding in it the other night. It's very different walking our 2 mile stretch pulling 75 lbs as opposed to pushing it. But I must say, I think it's easier. And when it got difficult going up the hill, I just pictured myself in a swimsuit (which I'm afraid to say I'll be donning in two weeks) and I sweated right along. Here's the wagon we got: Radio Flyer Pathfinder. The seatbacks fold down into the middle and make a flat raised bottom. It has seat straps and cupholders - couldn't ask for more!
By they way, I know the kitchen is pink and purple. They aren't old enough to know the difference and if it bothers them later, I'll paint it.
1 comment:
The kitchen looks like bunches of fun and you know how much we loved the door/house when we had one! I can't wait to see the boys in the wagon, it looks like it will get lots and lots of use. So happy for you!
Post a Comment