This is just a quick little look at the new beds. They are in them right now - asleep - and I don't know how the night will go, so I'll be headed to bed shortly. But we had the boys sleep on the mattresses on the floor last night and they did super!! I'm so proud of them. I suppose we are asking a lot of 10 month olds (happy monthiversary today, boys!). So today after a nap on the floor bed after lunch, Andrew put the big kid beds together. We decided it best to scoot them together to make a mini-full size bed. We left only one rail on the outside edge and scooted the rest up against the wall. Like this:
And we let them play for a while, just to get used to it. Jordan fussed about it at first, but Aidan showed him how much fun rolling around on it could be.
This is what scares me:
But Aidan has already fallen head-first off the end (I caught him mid-air and showed him how he would land on his head). We put pillows all around the edges (like that's gonna help). But hey- babies climb out of cribs all the time, right? Well, this is much closer to the floor. These faces crack me up:
Aidan looked like he was ridin' rodeo here:
Jordan being silly:
dancing:
"but we're sweet little angels..."
Jordan shows us how to get down off the bed:
Aidan was not about to go that way (after being perfectly fine and loving the bed for 45 minutes).
I'll let you know how the night goes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment