Last weekend, we found a deal on a van at a Mazda deal on the other side of town. It's a 2001 Chevy Venture with 160K miles on it. We talked them down into a good deal because it needed new tires and few other things. It has one automatic door on the passenger side. The one thing I was afraid of was the driver's seat has a switch that moves it forward/backward & up/down. It would go up & down, but not forward or back. So I couldn't reach the pedals. Laugh, if you must, but it really wasn't funny to me. The guy said it was just the switch needing replacement, but it might have to be the whole seat. Thankfully, we got it to move forward later on and now I threaten anyone who wants to move it back. Which means that Andrew really can't drive it safely. But that's ok for now. After we had it checked out and a few things done to it, I drove it to Aidan's ENT appointment yesterday (seperate post about that next). It did great until we were almost home, of course. It died going up a hill on a major highway. Pretty frightening sitting on the side of the highway waiting for someone to come get us with big trucks flying by at 60 MPH. But our sweet friend Courtney did come get us and I just had to hold the boys in my lap because she drives a car and has her own baby. But we made it safe and sound, praise the Lord. It's just the fuel pump, I'm sure. I've felt that shuddering once before when I ran out of gas in my old car. So we're stuck at home today, but it's raining anyway. We should (better) have it back later today. We're very happy to finally have a vehicle that will carry us, the boys, their big stuff, their little stuff, and our stuff anywhere overnight without being cramped!! Especially with the summer coming and an extended family trip to the lake in our future. The van will at least last us a couple of years, prayerfully, and that's all we need right now. The boys are sitting next to each other in the middle row, so that should be fun once they figure out how to reach other (and each other's toys). Yay!
3 comments:
I'm jealous! I want a van...seriously. I never thought I'd say that, but it would be so convenient. Maybe some day soon. Enjoy your new ride!
WOW, now you are driving a mommy car! Welcome to the world that never goes back....
Bless your heart! It's one thing to drive a broken car by yourself, but to have your babies in there with you...yikes! Precious cargo! I can't wait to see you driving the swagger wagon. I hope it holds up well for y'all. As long as the transmission and AC are ok, you'll be alright. ;-) If nothing else, call Rachel. She's got a big car now. Haha.
Post a Comment