The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ups and Downs

Well, we had an eventful weekend to say the least.  Let's be honest, I don't remember Friday.  The only thing I remember was Aidan jumping out of my lap into a pile of stacking cups and banging up his left eye.  Pitiful, but he handled it really well.

Saturday, we were supposed to go to Tuscaloosa for a first birthday party of the daughter of one of my best friends from college.  But it was A-Day at Bama, so that didn't happen.  We were really sorry to miss her birthday, but we hope to see them in a week or so.  Instead, Andrew got some work done in the yard and we got ready to go to a farmers' market and craft show after we ate lunch.  We were supposed to meet a friend there, but we were ahead of schedule and they were behind (ain't that always the way?).  So we walked around and found us a nice place to sit.  Too bad it was on the rocks - ya know, those little pebbles that fill gardens and such?  I had a big blanket, but it didn't stop Jordan from trying to eat the rocks.  He threw a fit (seriously) when I took them all away, so we moved to the grass.  Yep, they ate grass.  Better than rocks, though, right?  Until Aidan got choked on a piece, gagged, and threw up on the blanket.  So we packed it up and went home.  It was hot anyway and the boys were wearing down pretty fast.  They fell asleep on the way home and Aidan stayed asleep once we got back.  Jordan went back down about an hour later, when Aidan woke up.  Whatever.  It was Saturday, I wasn't all that concerned with schedule.  My friends came over after all the naps ended and we sat outside and talked while the babies played on a blanket on the grass.  We had planned to cook out at Andrew's parents' house, but I couldn't justify getting the boys back in the car on such little napping, so all the family came to us.  It worked much better that way, even if it was a little crowded.  We cooked out, got the babies bathed and fed, and played a little Uno Attack. 
Jordan playing with Nana & Aidan playing with aunt Adrienne
Jordan trying to get a ball out from under the couch - how cute is that??
Uncle James pushing Aidan on the car
Gotta get both boys on the cars

Saturday night, we heard someone talking into the monitor (Aidan, I'm sure) a lot of the night.  He wasn't fussing or crying, just talking.  So we were up a little early, but we needed to be for church.  We dropped the boys off in the nursery like always, giving our instructions to the young girl who helps keep their class.  (Instructions: put them in beds at 9:15 and let them fuss until asleep; no bottles; and please no jumperoos or exersaucers.)  When we picked them up, the young girl was sitting in a chair putting Jordan back on the floor telling him how fussy he was.  She immediately picked him up when she saw me, so I got him from her quickly.  He had snot running into his mouth.  They told Andrew (because I was wiping Jordan's nose) that neither of the boys slept at all.  I have since talked to a friend whose baby is also in that room and found out that she saw Jordan in a jumperoo when she picked up her baby.  I am still pretty angry that they didn't do what I asked them to and did exactly what I asked them not to.  I have already had an incident with this childcare during my small group on Tuesdays.  It is different nursery workers, but the same directors.  I've also noticed the last couple of weeks that the boys have crusty faces when we get to lunch after church.  I kept wondering what in the world could've happened because they weren't like that before church.  Now, I realize that it's been snot that wasn't wiped from their noses that got rubbed all over their faces.  That's just unacceptable, they're in there for 2 hours and you can't wipe their noses??  I know I need to let it go and it might not be what goes on all the time, but now I just don't trust them.  (And I have worked preschool/childcare and I know how challenging working 40 hours a week with other people's kids is, but seriously, it's 2 hours on a Sunday.  And it's volunteer work.  If you don't want to work with kids, don't be there. Period.)  We hadn't been set on this church being the perfect place for us, but were really enjoying it.  Now I won't leave my kids in there.  I just can't.  So I guess we're on the search again for a home church.  I just feel so disappointed.  I'm at a loss for church-looking because I went to the same church all my life before college.  I don't really even know where to start.  Anyway, the boys slept a little on the way to lunch and then on the way home from lunch.  But once we got home, they wouldn't sleep.  We went for a walk and Aidan slept then; Jordan fell asleep eating supper.  It was just a rotten day after all that.  We did buy two toddler beds from a fellow Mother of Multiples - two beds for $25 total!!  They are dark cherry wood and perfect.  So that was the bright spot in my weekend, along with a visit from friends.  And today I feel accomplished because I vaccumed.  That's a big deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously? you need to let the directors know what's goin on in the nursery, even if you don't go back. and let them know that's why you won't be back. but there's no way it's just YOUR kids. just sounds like nobody else has spoken up or has even realized what was going on. fill in the blanks for 'em, dude.

you could move back here...i work in the nursery and NEVER let a kid go home snotty. :) give my fat boys kisses from aunt sassy!

Anna said...

I did. and the lady I talked to was very willing to work with me on moving them into an older class and things like that. She wanted to correct the situation, so that was nice. but still.

they told me today that they miss you. :)