Friday morning was awful. The boys obviously felt terrible and wouldn't stop crying. Seriously. So I was trying desperately to get the car packed so we could go pick up Andrew and it just wasn't happening. They had gone down for a nap really early and didn't sleep well, so that didn't help. So I put them in the car, grabbed the diaper bag (has my license in it), my shoes, and my phone and took a drive around the neighborhood. It only took about 10 minutes to get them asleep, so that was good. I parked in the driveway, left the car running, and scurried around getting the car packed. I must have looked a mess, y'all. I was barefoot (not a big deal to me) running between the house and car with the front door open, the car running with two sleeping babies in it. Got it all in the car, though. Check. Had enough sense to turn off the lights and the computer before setting the alarm and locking up, but still called Andrew's mom on the way out to ask her to run by and at least run my dishwasher. She was sweet and also finished the load of clothes I'd been trying to wash. Drove to Publix to get medicine to put in the nebulizer (it's helping us knock the allergies out), but it wasn't ready. Went and put gas in the car. Check. Babies awake, but content. Drove around Publix parking lot several times and finally parked. Five minutes later, babies started fussing. Drove back to the pharmacy window (looking very harried, I'm sure) and finally got prescription. Check. Forgot teething tablets.. too late. Picked up Andrew at work (babies were back asleep, thank goodness) and drove through Arby's for unplanned lunch. Bad idea. I can't resist the roast beef and my stomach cannot handle it. Stomachache. Jordan woke up about 10 minutes from my Pappaw's house (my daddy's daddy), but was quiet and happy until we got there. Aidan slept the whole way (yay!). Got there just in time for bottles and baby food. The babies got to play with Pappaw for a good bit and one of my daddy's brother's came over with one of his daughters, who also enjoyed playing with the boys. We got barbecue for supper and my parents and neice met us there. We all went back to Pappaw's until the boys bedtime. We stayed with Pappaw and Jordan slept perfectly soundly in the pack-n-play. Andrew and I shared sleeping time with Aidan in a recliner because he still couldn't breathe well laying down. Overall, the day ended well.
Saturday, we got and had breakfast at Jack's with Pappaw and one of his sisters and her husband. We headed on up to Huntsville and got to watch Bryson's baseball game. It's his first season to play and I think he really likes it. He did a great job and his team won! He got three hits - two on base - and two runs! Those were his first runs ever. :) I was so glad we got to be there! He also got a Game Ball. That game ball is usually given to the player who did the best that game. This game, the whole team did so well that they gave two balls. The first was to a kid who really helped lead the team to the win. The second was to B who has really improved and is working hard. We're so proud of him! (I must say, baseball suits him better than basketball did.) He was excited that Andrew and the boys and I were there, and that Pappaw came, too. We went over to Mama & Daddy's for lunch and baseball cupcakes (courtesy of my *sweet* sis) before it was time to head home. We had to stop back by Pappaw's in Arab because we forgot our nebulizer, but it's not too far out of the way, thankfully. We had a great time seeing everyone and the boys really enjoyed getting out of the house. I think it helped them get to feeling a little better, too. They seemed perkier yesterday and have played happily and slept pretty well since we got home. Hopefully we're rounding the corner on the these ear infections.


1 comment:
Hahaha. Great write up of the weekend! My favorite was visualizing you packing the car barefoot with the boys sleeping in the back. Too funny! Good idea for getting things done, though!
Post a Comment