We were supposed to go for the boys 9 month well baby appointments last week, but with the ear infections we had to put it off a week. We went yesterday afternoon instead. Both boys are 29 inches long; Aidan weighed 23lbs 4oz and Jordan weighed 21lbs 4oz. I kept thinking Aidan would slim down a little once he got moving, but he's on the go now and I don't see that happening. It might still happen, though, in the next couple of months. They were 75th percentile for everything. Both are crawling really well - they roam around the house together and it is SO cute. I need to get a video of it. They love each other (most of the time) - they're always standing up laughing and talking when I go to get them out of bed.
They do just about everything together, but don't seem too upset if brother isn't around. I just can't explain how they interact; there is definitely something mental/telepathic about it.
Tooth count for Aidan is still 8 and for Jordan it's 7. Here's Jordan:
They are such happy babies. Aidan laughs all day long and Jordan has started "talking" really loud. It's actually kind of funny now when he fusses at me because he's so loud. We spend a lot of time out on the front porch in our play yard. It's the perfect lighting for pictures.
Aidan
Jordan
We have two drums and they love to play (beat on) them. One is a LeapFrog (not my favorite - it never shuts up), but the other is a set of bongo drums that I love, too.
Aidan's new trick is to point with one finger. He's been using his "pincher" fingers to pick up food for a while now, but he's just started making a fist and leaving his pointer and thumb out.. it cracks me up. The first time he did it, it was to my pointer finger - like E.T.
This week, the sweet lady that Andrew's sister works for gave the boys some bedroom slippers. They are too funny! Monster feet!
They fit pretty well and Aidan actually kept his on! Love it.
Outside today, Aidan got to his feet with both hands on my knee and then let go and raised up the rest of the way on his own!! He wasn't up very long before he realized what he'd done and got too excited to stand up. But he did so good!! They do a little "cruising" - mostly walking around the music table while holding on. Jordan is a lot less brave about it, though. But since they pull up on everything, I went through and further toddler-proofed the house this week. A big thank you to my friend Courtney for bringing Noah to play and help keep the boys occupied while I sorted out the bookshelf in the kitchen. All the books/websites say to give baby(ies) a bottom cabinet to play in - my only bottom cabinets are under the sink and on either side of the oven, so no deal there. But we do have a bookshelf in the kitchen (for lack of cabinets), so I gave them the bottom two shelves of that. They have a great time playing with the old Tupperware bowls and cups and a couple of spoons I put down there. They are also eating more table food, which is great for the food budget. I can't get them to eat apples or bananas, but they love asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower. Whatever, it's good for them. Oh, and pasta. So I'm hoping and praying this is the end of the baby food. This weekend, I'm working on switching over to sippy cups for everything but bedtime bottles. They do really well during the day with them now, so we'll see how that goes. I've got more pictures to post, but will probably wait until after this weekend - Lindsay is coming to town and we'll see her on Saturday at the farmers market/craft fair!
1 comment:
bwahahahaha!!!! monster feet!!!! oh, i love it.
Post a Comment