The Multiples Club had their consignment sale this weekend. I have shopped two sales before this one and I have all these clothes that my boys have outgrown so fast (whether they actually wore them or not), so I decided I would sell in this sale. I had about 120 items to put in and one of my pages of tags didn't get printed, so I put in about 110. Probably half of my things were marked for donation if they didn't sell (which most of them didn't). I did that just to get it out of my house!! You have to understand, there are two of every sweet little outfit. And I know that I need to get rid of more because I think I have 3 boxes of things to keep of theirs... but we might have more boys, ya know? Anyway. I think I will be getting about $100 from the sale, which is perfect because we spent about $150 when we shopped Friday night. I got them a little stack of new clothes in 9 & 12 month sizes (which I'm still not sure are going to be big enough), a pair of shoes for each (which fit now, but won't much longer), a rack for toy buckets (and the buckets), a couple of toy trucks, a ball popper, a buggy/high seat cover (we already had one), foam puzzle squares (big ones) that make a playmat, a movie, and a shirt for me. It was pretty good haul. I think we spent about $75 on 32 items of clothing and shoes. That was Friday night that we got to shop. Saturday, I worked the sale from 7am-4pm. It really wasn't bad, it was fun to talk to the other MoMs that I hadn't met and I worked a checkout table (so I was sitting down). Clean up was the worst (and it still wasn't that bad), but it was really organized well. The sale was over at 1pm and cleaned up until 3:45. I (stupidly) agreed to help another MoM put the folding tables away... Ouch, my back! I will be back at the yoga tonight, so hopefully that will make it feel better. When I got home from working the sale, Andrew and I took the boys out to eat at Momma Goldberg's (love it). They did pretty well, but didn't eat much because of the TV distractions. We went to the grocery after that and they still did really well considering it was really close to bedtime. They got ridiculously early yesterday morning, but I've discovered yet another tooth in Aidan's mouth, so I think that was part of the problem. Jordan keeps rubbing his ears, so I'm praying it's just his next tooth that's bothering him. This week will be busy for us, too. We are putting new carpet in the boys' room and the guest room because it's still builder's grade carpet in there (and it's nasty). So I've got to clean out both rooms over the next 2 weeks to get ready for that. BUT we'll be spending some time with my brother and his family next week, so I don't really have 2 whole weeks. I'm also going to look at an Mothers' Day Out this week to see if I want to get on their sub list or not. I don't want to (and don't have to, praise the Lord) go back to work, but I think subbing at an MDO every so often would be good for me and for the boys. They do really well in childcare at church, so I think just playing with other kids is important.
Tomorrow the boys will be 8 months!! I seriously cannot believe how fast time has flown. They are so much fun now! I really miss those sweet little 6 lb babies sometimes, though. It is so sad how much I didn't get to cherish those early moments. It was just such a whirlwind. The first two months of their lives are such a blur. But we are so blessed by these baby boys and so honored that God has given us both of them to raise. The first smiles and the first time they reached their arms up for me to get them are such sweet memories. LOVE IT!! I will post more about them tomorrow (with pictures).
No comments:
Post a Comment