Last week, we took a trip to Nashville to spend a couple of days with my brother and his wife and little girl. We went up on Wednesday and came home on Saturday. We had a fun trip and the boys did great! It was just a vacation for us, but we didn't make any big plans. It actually rained on and off most of the time we were there, so we hung out around the house. They have a dog (I don't know what kind) and Jordan loved him! It was so funny to me because I'm not a dog person. I just don't like them, especially big ones and ones that aren't trained or well-behaved. (And by big, I mean bigger than a cat. No, I'm not a cat person either.) But Jordan would watch Brodie walk around the house and try to crawl after him and grab him every chance he got. My brother has a 16 month old girl, so the dog is quite used to being beat up on and pulled around, which was good. Aidan took a little longer to warm up to Brodie, but ultimately liked him. One day, I may have to give in and let them get one. We'll see. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, I just wasn't thinking much about it. And my parents and sister & her kids all came up on Saturday too eat lunch with us and hang out more with my brother and his family, but I didn't get any pictures then either. I hate it when I do that! I wish we'd gotten to see more of them, but we had to fit the trip home into the boys' schedule.
Here is Josie talking to Andrew when we first got there. She loves Andrew.
Here they all are having a good time
I did take some pictures of Josie at a park on Friday, but I haven't edited them yet. I'll try to get them done this weekend.
Here's why I haven't gotten to them: We came home Saturday afternoon and got settled in. That night, a friend called and asked if it was still ok for him & his girlfriend to crash at our house... yeah, I'd totally forgotten about it. But it was ok, we cleaned up a little and put the boys to bed before they got there. They were just passing through really, so we hung out with them Sunday morning (and missed church for a number of reasons). We went to eat with the half of Andrew's family who were in town and when we got back, Jordan threw up everything he'd eaten. And he did it all over Andrew's brother. :) James was not a fan of that. So it turns out J was running a low grade fever, so we put him to bed and he slept for an hour. So we missed small group that night because I didn't know what he had and didn't want to pass it on. Monday, Andrew's mom watched the boys while we went to the Social Security office to change Jordan's name. (I gave them the same middle name at birth... long story short: They gave me papers to fill out while in the ICU on who knows what drugs and I did. The writing was all crooked and Andrew had to fix it. But he and my mom missed that I gave them both the middle name of David. We amended his birth certificate, but need a new SS card.) Before we left, Aidan threw up. Yep, low grade fever. I called the pediatrician's office and was told to treat the fever and just watch them. They acted fine, just slept more than normal. So we went. We waited more than an hour to be told we needed his blue form, which we don't have because they're not in school. Bust. We got home and cleaned out both the guest room and the boys room (everything out of both rooms except the cribs). The carpet came on Tuesday morning and we were very impressed with them. They did both rooms in an hour and a half! The boys napped on our bed while we waited, and Sheila came back over to watch them while we put the rooms back together. Very happy with the new carpet! They can actually play in their room now, which is huge. It a good change of scenery to break up the day. We did a little rearranging of the rooms, which always makes me happy and I'm working on putting all the little stuff back where it needs to go. The boys feel totally better and are starting to eat solid food again. Unfortunately, they are in that you-held-me-while-I-was-sick-why-did-you-quit stage, but I know they feel fine. Except for the new teeth coming. Can't we get a break?? But thankfully, today is sunny and warm and tomorrow will be, too. So we're headed out to walk!! We desperately need out of the house!!
Here are some other fun pictures:
Jordan was doing a lot of playing on his knees last week. He's pulling up to standing on everything now! He crawls all over the house and thinks it's so funny. It is really cute to watch. I know he's up from his nap now by the banging and rattling I hear coming from his bed.
He's figuring out how to get around and between things (he saw me in the bedroom).
Aidan spent most of the last week like this - just frustrated. He's now up on all fours and moving backwards quite well! Still a little frustrating for him. But he's doing less of the fussing because he knows I'll come get him thing. He can get from crawling to sitting really well, too. He's pulling up to standing, but has more weight and height to pull, so it's a little less easy for him. I'll get some of him moving around this week - he's much happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment