The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Monday, June 29, 2009

Thursday's the day!

After a weekend of hard contractions every time I laid down (and thus very little sleep), I saw Dr. P today. She said I am just progressing slowly and maybe a little more than 3 cm dilated. She asked me about inducing this week and I said I want to. After 5 weeks of contracting and only gaining 2 good centimeters, I'm tired. It is interesting, but my contractions go away or become painless when I walk around. They become very painful and close together whenever I lay down or recline with my feet up. But my poor piggy feet have become very swollen and the swelling won't go away completely. And the only way to make the swelling go down is to sit or lay down, when I'd rather be up moving around to make the contractions more bearable. Also, it wouldn't be so bad if Aidan's feet weren't in the right side of my rib cage. But because they are, every time I contract, I have excrutiating pain in my ribs and I have a hard time breathing. And I have to wonder how it doesn't hurt his little legs to get squished into my ribs like that! I'm still praying for this to happen on it's own before then because I really never wanted to be induced at all. But if nothing happens, we will be at the hospital at 5 AM Thursday morning to have my water broken. It's been two weeks since the babies were measured, but they should be well over 5 lbs and possibly pushing 6 lbs now. I've finally gained all 40 lbs that I was supposed to gain, too. My belly measured 46 weeks today, and they checked the babies' fluid (which still looks good, although it's less and less each week). Both boys are still head down and in position, and the US tech showed us that at least one of them has a good bit of hair!! Judging from the heartburn I've had, I expected that; not to mention, my family tends to turn out hairy little monkeys for babies - especially if they're dark complected. So there you have it - the ultimately informative update! Aidan and Jordan will be here by Thursday!! Please continue to pray them here safely.

3 comments:

Carol B. said...

Yay! You will get to meet your boys in 3 days! Hang on! Love you guys!

Bruce & Sarah said...

Way to make it to 36 weeks! You are one tough mama! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures.

The Eagles said...

yay! it's almost here. can't wait to meet A and J. best of luck with delivery!! we'll be praying for you guys.