We made it another week! 34 is a great milestone and 35 is when they tell me they won't have to go to the NICU at all. So the goal now is 35 weeks. I'm seeing Dr. Przybysz (that's why I call her Dr. P) twice a week now, so I had appts both Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday they did an ultrasound to measure the boys and they were (baby A) 4 lbs 12 oz and (baby B) 4 lbs 15 oz! That is more accurate than what we saw at the hospital and very welcome news because it shows them growing closer together, which we always want. I probably won't have many more USs, unless she wants their fluid and positions checked before delivery. OR unless I make it 3 more weeks, at which point they would measure them again. Dr. P doesn't seem to think that I'll make it that long, but she said if I do, she'll induce between 37 and 38 weeks. I don't like the idea of induction, so I'm hoping they come on their own before that. Which brings me to the best news of that day - both babies are head down!! Yay, Baby B!! Unfortunately, baby A is sort of on his side with his head down. He's the one on the bottom, so I think his head is not in the greatest position and that's why my cervix isn't changing (which Dr. P confirmed that day). So we're praying that he will wiggle his way down there in a week or so and get things going before baby B decides he has room to flip back over. Because if they both stay head down, Dr. P says she will let me try to go vaginally!! She said they don't usually deliver twins in the OR at St. Vincent's, but she will insist they do for me because it makes her more comfortable (me too). That way, if something happens and we need to switch over to c-section (I'm praying not), we're already there and ready. I will do whatever is best for all of us, but I'd rather not have a c-section. I have some anxiety about being operated on while awake and having my arms strapped down. So we covet your prayers that both babies stay head down and are deliverable in that way. My belly is measuring 42 weeks and I know my uterus is tired of all this!! I've had very consistent contractions all week. They vary from day to day, but one night they were 11 minutes apart for over an hour, yesterday morning they were 5 minutes apart for most of the day (with the exceptions being the hour and a half that the Brethine seems to work starting 45 minutes after I take it). Most of them aren't painful in my back or down low, so they are just uncomfortable (and obviously not changing my cervix). Tuesday after the appt, we went to L & D to be monitored and have an NST (which I've discovered stands for non-stress test) to make sure the babies are still tolerating the contractions well, and they are. That was the shortest stay we've had in that hospital!! Yesterday (Thurs), she checked my cervix and nothing had changed, but she wanted me monitored anyway. So we were there for about an hour and I got a small shot of fast-acting Brethine for the one huge contraction that showed up on the monitor. Babies still handling everything beautifully.
Mama was here Monday night through yesterday lunch, so she took me to both appts and we got out and went a few places (relax everybody, my cervix isn't changing) running errands. Mostly that involved like Babies'R'Us and Hobby Lobby with Mama pushing me in a wheelchair. Not my favorite way to shop, by the way, but thankful that she's willing to push me around. My back has been hurting so much more since both babies turned head down, it makes me really tired to stand up or walk around much at all. And my mother- and sister-in-law and I went to a movie yesterday after Mama left (which is sitting down, excellent, right?). It's always nice to get out of the house for a little while. And actually on Monday before all those appts, the three of us went to a friend's house to get in the pool for a little while in the morning! In the water with my feet up is even better. But I don't think I'll be putting pictures on here of me in my swimsuit. :)
And last, but not least, the belly shot:

3 comments:
aww Anna just saw your blog on facebook. Good luck on your delivery and I can't wait to see you beautiful little babies!! :)
Glad all is well. I'm still praying (hard) that everything stays where it is now and that you and the boys and that they come when it's the right time! ;0)
I knew you could do it! Way to make it to 34 weeks. Keep up the great work! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment