Well, we made it to 33 weeks! It actually snuck up on me because of the crazy week of being in the hospital. I'm so lost on what day it is!! But today is 33 weeks and that is a huge milestone. This is a picture of me from Wednesday last week at the hospital.
We're all at home now, too. They discharged me yesterday because there had been no progress in dilation and the contractions are back to about what they were a few days before I was admitted at St. Vincent's. Basically, I'm still having contractions, but the intensity is much lower and frequency has come down a little bit. I think after being on the Brethine for a period of time, my body built up a tolerance and that's why it wasn't working. But since I was off of it for a few days in the hospital, they sent me home back on it in pill form every 4 hours. It seems to be working pretty well, but they always get worse at night for whatever reason. And this time, whenever the contractions get back to 7 or 8 an hour for more than an hour, they won't stop labor. We'll just have babies!
I'm worn out from being cooped up for a week and completely emotionally drained. I KNOW that the babies need a few more days or weeks or whatever we can get for them to develop and grow as much as possible in my womb. And I know ALL the stats on how far along babies have to be to not go to the NICU and all the reasons they would have to stay in the NICU, regardless of gestational age. I KNOW that at this point and up until 35 weeks, they will take my babies straight to the NICU after delivery. But I simply do not believe that my babies would require an extended stay at this point. And I don't need anyone to argue with me or try to change my point of view. I know I sound naive and that all kinds of problems could arise that cannot be foreseen. But I'm carrying close to 10 lbs of babies and they shouldn't be that big at this point. They are way ahead of schedule. And I have prepared myself for the chance that we do have to leave them in the NICU and go home without them. I've prepared myself for all kinds of scenarios, I've read and heard ALL kinds of multiples stories and EACH ONE IS DIFFERENT. I grow very weary of people who think that each case is the same and put a definite on whether or not MY babies will end up staying in the NICU and having developmental problems. A simple "we're praying for you" will do. Even "you're doing great, just hang in there" means more to me than most people can imagine at this point.
6 comments:
We're praying for you. You're doing great, just hang in there.
Seriously, I mean all that and more ;-) I love your pure honesty!
Hey Anna! I think it's great that you are hanging in there. I know it has to be tough. Know this. Every pregnancy (no matter the number of little ones in there) is different. Colin is completely different than Gavin. But no matter what happens, God is in charge and is going to do absolutely amazing things with Aidan and Jordan! You are in our prayer and can't wait to hear the good news that they have arrived!
Bless your heart! I know you must be tired. The good news is you won't be getting a talking to from me. I don't know anything about this stuff. But I do know that if I put myself in your shoes that I would want those guys out of me as soon as possible! Hang in there! You're a trooper and you're doing a fantastic job! Love ya!
thank you
thank you
thank you
:)
Way to go Anna! Stay upbeat and strong...you can do this! There are just as many POSITIVE twin birth stories as there are negative ones. Hang in there and keep marking those days off the calendar.
We go to church together, and I babysat for Michael Hamburg, so I read your blog with his. Your babies are due on my b'day. I also had to be on brethine with the last one, and it does make you feel weird, and I contracted the whole 8th month, and was practically on bed rest. Ethan is very spunky sometimes, I always say it's cause we gave him speed in the womb! :o) Sounds like you have a lot of God's wisdom being passed to you through the HS right now. Stay positive, and can't wait to see the twins at church.
Post a Comment