The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day! & Happy Birthday Sarah!

Well, I was hoping to give Andrew babies for Father's Day, but no luck! :) It is also my sister's birthday, so Happy Birthday, soon-to-be Aunt Sarah!! I can't sit through two hours of church, so Andrew had to go alone. But after church he came home and got me and we went out to eat Mexican with his family.

Yesterday we had an eventful day - unrelated to babies, of course! We bought a Snap-N-Go Stroller from a fellow Mother of Multiples for $30, which is a great deal. Here's one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265435&CAWELAID=107523633 It allows any style infant seat to be set into it and it folds up smaller than the big Graco one that came with the seats. It's also a good deal lighter because it doesn't have seats. We won't be able to use it forever, obviously, without "big kid" seats, but it's a good thing for now in my little Saturn. We also went and refreshed Andrew's wardrobe at Old Navy because they had all men's stuff 1/2 off. Then, after bringing me home to rest, Andrew went and bought all the plants for the flowerbed in front of our porch. He had worked really hard at digging it out, setting up the retaining wall and filling it up to get it ready and then I went into the hospital for 10 days. So it's been waiting for plants for a couple weeks now. We have Candy Tuft along the wall, Coneflower behind that and Azaleas behind that. We also planted a Crape Myrtle and an Autumn Fern on the side. I think we'll put a couple of Irises in the empty space between the Candy Tuft and Coneflowers to fill in. It looks a thousand times better than what it did when we bought the house and I can't wait for everything to grow and bloom next year!



After we finished up the flowerbed and were getting ready to eat, we realized that our fridge wasn't cooling like it's supposed to. The freezer was working perfectly, but no cold air was being blown into the fridge part. We had this problem a couple months ago and had to replace a fan on it. We decided the same thing was wrong this time and we don't want to keep replacing the fan every couple months. And the cost of figuring out why the fan keeps shorting out could be equal to a new fridge (the old one came with the house). So we now have a new fridge. We got one with a little more space than what we had and it's a side by side with a water/ice dispenser on the front. I won't bore you with a picture of that. :)

Today, Andrew and a friend are working on extending the tiny little back patio with pavers. I'll get pictures of that up this week, I hope. My brother is going to bring us tile to lay in the guest bathroom whenever they come down to see the babies (whenever the babies come) and that should finish up a LOT of the housework. It's nice to know that all the big stuff will be mostly done when the babies do come. Which I'm hoping is this week. ;) Next appt is Monday (tomorrow), so we'll see if anything has changed.

1 comment:

Ashleigh Yocom said...

Ok, it's now Wednesday. Why isn't there an update missy?