The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Thursday, June 25, 2009

35 weeks and beds

Andrew finished the flowerbed this week! I know I put up pictures last week, but he got the soaker hoses in and the mulch down today. There are a few more things we need to plant, but it looks so good!! It's one of the best looking ones on our street, actually.


He also has finished extending our tiny little back patio - excellent work, I must say. We got the idea from my brother's work on his back patio.



And now for the real news. :) I saw my OB today, but not in her office as planned. Last night we ended up at the hospital because I had two hours of 12 contractions and 2 hours after that of 9 contractions an hour. They were getting painful in my back and that's when Dr. P had said to come in. So we went. And I was 2 cm dilated - still. So they did an ultrasound to check the babies' position and found them both head down still. They wanted to keep me and see how the Brethine affected the contractions. So I got three shots of Brethine within an hour and a half and all that did was slow the contractions down - space them out. And really, that could've just happened naturally because I finally fell asleep in the horrible hospital stretcher bed in the triage room. So this morning, the on-call doctor came and said he thought I was a loose 2 cm, but wanted Dr. P to check me so that she can compare better to what she has been feeling. (This is not so pleasant, but) After he checked me, I passed a big blood clot while peeing - that's new! So Dr. P said I could be called 3 cm (which is better than 2!!) and that she wanted me to stay until she could come check me again after lunch. She also said that baby A is at -1, which is the position of his head in the birth canal. 0(zero) station is when they let you start pushing, so we're very close to that. So we walked around the unit a couple of times, trying to make things progress. No luck. Dr. P said she's love to have delivered me today, but we obviously don't want to induce at 35 weeks (or really at all). But Dr. P knows that I'm getting pretty miserable, too. After 35 weeks at St. Vincent's, it is no longer automatic admittal to the NICU. So she said to come on home, stop taking the Brethine, get up and moving and try to have babies! I see her Monday again, and she said we'd talk about whether or not I want to be induced a week from today at 36 weeks. She won't let me go past 37 weeks, but she said she'd leave it up to me if I wanted to go next week or wait it out. The contractions haven't stopped since I got home, but they don't hurt as much when I'm up moving around. So I will not be resting any more!! So don't ask if I am!! :) It's time to have 5 1/2 lb babies!! I don't know exactly what they weigh now, but I'm sure they're close to that. All in all, not a bad stay and not bad news. At least I am progressing, even if it's slow.


So Mama has been here staying with us since Tuesday and we're making some super cute onesies and baby shirts - you can check them out on my other blog, listed over there on the left side. We hope to market them - feel free to place orders! We also got a baby pool and sat out in it on the new patio, and it felt so good to get sun! I bought a Baby Trend Snap-N-Go stroller from a girl in the BAMOM club and Mama and I fixed it to fit my carseats. It's a framework stroller that doesn't have toddler seats. It's only for infant seats to snap in to. It folds up nice and flat and is very lightweight.


Today, David and Sheila came over and brought the baby bed!! My father-in-law is a very skilled woodworking craftsman, for want of a better title. He made the babies a beautiful bed and altered it for my height! It's all set up now and the nursery looks finished!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting times at the Alaniz household!!!!! The bed is beautiful. Thanks for keeping us all so well updated, but get off the computer and go run around the block!


Annette