We're still at the hospital.
After taking me off the Mag and finding fluid on my lungs, they decided to stop any meds that would stop contractions. However, things change pretty quickly around here. So I'm back on the Brethine (terbutaline) that I was taking at home, but on a very low dose. They didn't really expect it to stop the contractions, but it certainly has brought down the intensity of them. I'm in almost no pain and getting back to a more comfortable state without the breathing problems. There have been other hiccups, like a bad reaction to Demorol and Phenergan after having taken Ambien to sleep on Friday night. Last night was the first night since Monday that I actually got to sleep without drugs and painful contractions. I'm down to being monitored (babies and contractions) only once every nurse's shift, which is nice. They even closed off my IV, so I'm unattached from everything. They are letting me walk around the unit a couple times a day and go for wheelchair rides if I want to go further. It's an excellent change of scenery just to get out of the room. The nurses have been so nice, too. I mean, above and beyond their jobs. Our favorite nurse so far even took us down to the C-section rooms and let us see inside them. My mom came down Wednesday and stayed at the hospital with me a couple nights. Daddy and Sarah came down, too, but Sarah had to go back on Friday and Daddy and Mama went back Saturday. Andrew's mom has stayed with me and so has Andrew. Unfortunately, Andrew will have to go on to work this week - he took some days off this past week because it was hard for him to stay at work with me laid up in the hospital and babies possibly on the way. Hopefully, the rest of this extended stay won't be too hard on him. We live a good 40 minutes from St. Vincent's, which is downtown Birmingham - so he can't just pop over here whenever. My mom will be back for a couple days this week and Sheila will also stay with me overnight a couple nights. I'm so thankful to have such an awesome family and to have them so close! So June 18th will be 34 weeks. That is the goal, that's the earliest they really are ok with delivering babies because it cuts down significantly on their time in the NICU. The doctors don't really think I'll make it that whole week and a half, but they won't let me go past that mark, either. It is easiest for them to keep me here, in case anything changes quickly. So here we are.
3 comments:
If I was still in town I would offer to come sit with you ;-) Hang in there and I'll keep the prayers going!!!!
praying for you!!
You guys keep hanging in there. We are praying for all of you! Love you!
Post a Comment