The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow!

Friday night was the Mothers of Multiples sale here in Birmingham. I knew I would find some good things, so I've been excited about going to that one. The pregnant members get in 30 minutes earlier than everyone else, so that was nice. Mama couldn't go with me because she was on the Ladies Retreat, so Sheila went with me. It's probably better that Mama didn't drive down for it though, because it was flooding and storming all day and night Friday. But we found a Graco Double Stroller Travel System for a great price. $150 got me the double stroller, the two infant car seats that snap on to the stroller and both bases for the car. It's tan and black and in great condition. That was really what I was looking for there, so that was excellent. I also found a few items of maternity clothes, which made me feel good! That included a swimsuit because I'd been thinking I might want to sit in a pool come May and June (if I can walk). Unfortunately, the swimsuit fits now, so I'm not sure how long it will last! But it's Motherhood brand (which is expensive) and it was $6. So I'm ok with that. I also got a Motherhood sundress that has the tag still on it for $8 and a pair of ballet-slipper-ish Crocs for $3. We found some really cute matching outfits for the babies, so Sheila bought some little sizes of onesies and sleepers. I don't want them to always match (I'm afraid it will be hard enough to tell them apart), but they were sold as sets and were just so cute. So that was fun evening, minus the rainstorms.

I'm 18 weeks now and the weather has been absolutely crazy here the last couple weeks. I'm running out of big warm things to wear and my coats won't zip much longer! On Sunday it actually snowed. It was snowing when we woke up, so we didn't go to church. We drove over to David and Sheila's for lunch and I took pictures on the way. There was 3-5 inches all over Birmingham and it was beautiful! But now that the snow has melted, I'm really ready for Spring. I think the cold weather just zaps all my energy and puts me in a bad mood. I'd love to start wearing t-shirts and dresses that are more comfortable and continue wearing them for the next 4 months.
Here are the pictures I took on the way to Chelsea:









The painting in the house is going well. I think we are halfway done, but I have yet to go over there myself, so I have no pictures to post! I don't last very long at painting, so when Andrew goes after work, I usually stay home. But if nothing else, I think by Saturday we should be able to finish it up. That will give us time to at least buy the flooring before Andrew leaves for Belize. And if everything is painted, we can start moving stuff into the guest bedroom and the nursery before the floors go down. So that will be mine and Sheila's Spring Break, I guess.
The end of next week will begin my much needed Spring break and both of my next doctor's appointments (Dr.P. and UAB) are March 19th.


No comments: