The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Sunday, March 29, 2009

22 weeks and new floors!


My mama and daddy came down on Saturday to help us with some of the housework and getting everything ready. While Andrew and Daddy were working on putting in the rest of the laminate floors, Mama and I had a great time running around town! We finished up my registry at Target, boxed up a few things from the apartment and took a truckload of stuff to the house. Then we went and got a wrought iron loveseat (pictured above on front porch) and a pack-n-play that one of my co-teachers has given us. Mama also weeded our flowerbed in the front of the house, which is very helpful! I can't get down and up very easily, so even though I enjoy working in the dirt, I haven't been able to. The flowerbed looks much happier now. :) The floors got finished up (pictures below) and today Andrew got the quarter-round and started putting in down. Those floors make the house look bigger and a lot more like home.





Our bedroom with new floors!


In the process of getting the living room & kitchen done.



Daddy and Andrew working in the hall.

The beautiful finished kitchen! (minus quarter-round)



The beautiful finished living room!




So if we can get the quarter-round and few other minor things (like weather stripping) finished up this week, along with packing boxes, the date of move will be April 11th. We are paying movers this time, which will be easier for our parents and hopefully less stressful overall for me.




This week should be fairly quiet except for packing things up. Next week, I have a shower at work and my OB appointment (including ultrasound). Mama is going to try to come down and spend a couple days to be here for those things, so I hope that works out. We are still shooting for 36 weeks, which is the first of July. That is only 14 weeks from now! How crazy is that?! My belly is an inch away from the steering wheel in my car now, so I may not be driving much longer! I'm still hoping to be able to work through April and at least one week in May. I've been working on an art project all year that I really want to finish with the kids. We've been putting together a color wheel and we're almost done! It's the one big project that I've been planning to send home at the end of the year. I've also run into the problem of having such a big belly that pants don't really stay up. So I'll be wearing mostly dresses from here on out, I think. Here's the proof!


2 comments:

Laura said...

the house looks GREAT! and so do you!! let us know if you need help unpacking and what not.

Cristy said...

The floors look awesome! The house is looking so great - can't wait to see what it looks like when yall move in! Your tummy is looking so cute too!