Thursday, March 26, 2009
21 weeks
Well, as I write this, I'm almost 22 weeks. But I just wanted to update a little because we've had an interesting week. Sarah and her kids went home on Saturday and I spent all day Sunday with Andrew's mom, Sheila. We did a little shopping and went to a kids event at her church, which was a lot of fun. We had to wait around a good bit after that to go get Andrew, Emily, and Adrienne from the airport because their plane was delayed. They landed about 10:45, so we were all exhausted. I evidently overdid it (probably all week leading up to this and also) on Sunday because while Andrew and his daddy were putting the laminate flooring in the new bedroom on Monday, I started feeling contractions. It wasn't painful, there wasn't a change in pressure or anything like that, but I noticed my belly being really hard and the babies not moving. They had been moving so much last week that it was very noticable to me when they stopped. So I talked to the nurse at Dr. P's office and she said as long as they were still only 1 or 2 an hour and I hadn't had any bleeding or change in discharge (I hadn't), I was ok. But I needed to put my feet up and rest. So Sheila took me to her house when she got done at school and I sat around for a couple hours until Andrew got done at the house. I woke up 3 times that night feeling a contraction and had couple more on Tuesday morning. But Tuesday after work I laid down the rest of the day and they stopped. Evidently, dehydration can also cause contractions, so I've upped my water intake again. I drink at least 64 oz of water a day and that doesn't include milk at breakfast and tea or coke at supper. So that was an interesting couple of days and now I know what contractions feel like. And no, they were not Braxton Hicks (practice) contractions. It is very common for women in multiples pregnancies to start having contractions between week 20 and week 30. As long as I can put my feet up, they should subside. And as long as neither bag of waters breaks, we ok. Then Wednesday, I had a run-in with a coworker that I thought was going to start up my contractions again. It was a rather ugly run-in, but I managed to keep my mouth shut (God's work) and we got it worked out with the director's help. It started with an incident where both myself and this coworker were in the wrong. But I think the worst part of the whole thing was that I felt disrespected in a way that was totally unrelated to the incident that started it. And, of course, the way I was disrespected was yet another person not understanding anything that I'm going through as I'm carrying two babies who are sharing a placenta. The whole thing just burned me up for the rest of that day. So I'm glad that tomorrow is Friday and my day off. I have too much else on my plate to have issues at work. My parents are coming this weekend to help finish up the flooring in the house and pack up some of the stuff in the apartment. April 12th will soon be upon us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny how we blog about our emails.
I wish we were back in the days sitting in video's daves class drawing/writing lines to lyrics. I miss those days (but only with a few people). We truly have been blessed to be able to experience so much together regardless of how often we are able to visit. I feel I'm blessed anyway :)
Boo on nasty co-workers but yay for Friday's off.
Has Dr. P set an expected date for the arrival or still set in the whole month expectancy.
Post a Comment