The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Monday, June 28, 2010

More Adenoids & Walking

Here he is!  Aidan still won't take more than a couple of steps from person to person or toy to couch or whatever.  I'm anxious to see how much more confident he is after his adenoids come out (the way I understand it, they can interfere with ears & cause infections and such - we're not around other kids enough to share many germs, so we don't get infections often, but I think the adenoids may still affect their ears).  And speaking of adenoids, I took Jordan to see the ENT this week, just to check on his because ... well, they're twins.  And it seemed like the thing to do because I don't want to get 6 months down the road and have more trouble out of him and have a second surgery.  So it turns Jordan's adenoids are huge, too, just not as big as Aidan's.  Thankfully, the doctor we saw has twins himself and understands what a pain it would be to have two separate surgery dates and two separate weeks of fussy babies.  So they will both have their adenoids out on the 6th.  I'm also anxious to see if that helps Jordan walk because he simply will not.  He won't let go of anything or anyone long enough to take any steps.  He stands just fine, but he won't budge.
Last week, we spent part of a day at Sheila's in her little turtle sandbox-turned-baby-pool.  The boys loved it more than my pool!!  I think because the water was warm and mine is always cold.  She has a great big puppy (he's only 9 months old - check him out) that they love, named Conrad.  He's really good with them, which surprised me.  He lets them pull on him and pet him and he just sits there and licks them!  The boys just watched him walk around the pool the whole time and grabbed him when they could.  That's Aidan above.
Jordan's on the right.
Conrad also taught Aidan how to drink out of the pool.  He just stuck his face right down in it!  He does it in the bath now, too.  It's hard not to laugh  :)
We came in and got some juice and cooled off.  When David (Pops) got home, he had two apples.  Aidan thought they were fun looking balls and took one right from him.  And he ate part of it!
Actually, he ate a lot more of it than we thought he would.  And Jordan couldn't be left out - there were two apples, after all.  But he didn't eat as much.
Silly boys!  And speaking of silly... Jordan is the house monkey (climber).  I have an old chair of my grandmother's in the living room that he can now climb up into.  And he tries hard to climb anything and everything else.  Here's the latest:

The play kitchen is no longer safe.  I really don't want that thing mounted to my kitchen wall!!  I was, of course, telling Jordan "no" between these pictures and Andrew is right behind him and got him down after I got the shot.  But who could resist this shot??  His new find today was the bottom shelf of the changing table, which, thankfully, is perfectly safe for him to be on.  Unfortunately, I was hoping the stuffed animals would hide the outlet full of plugs from him and it didn't.  We're working on obeying "no" because we definitely understand it.  :)
And one final shot of Aidan - my favorite of the week:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when sarah was little we had friends in b'ham that had a son a week younger than s. he was a climber! they kept the kitchen chairs up on top of the table when not sitting in them. it was soooo funny, at least until he pushed a (what they thought was a heavy) overstuffed chair to a window, climbed up on the windowseal and fell out. he was fine, but spent his first birthday in the hospital with a bump on his head!