Happy Father's Day to all the daddys (especially the ones in my life)! But an extra special one to my extraordinary hubby on his first Father's Day! He's an exceptional father to our precious boys and we love him so very much. I know I've said it before, but let me say this again: I hear about mothers doing it on their own because the fathers don't help and it makes me so sad for them. Whether those fathers work too much, play too much, or just don't know what to do, I feel there is no excuse. I know men and women are wired differently - Andrew needs me to tell him what needs to be done. Making a list and handing it to him is the most effective way... And he's fine with it, actually, he prefers it. But women just seem to keep a running list of what needs to be done in our minds. Oh, and we think that men should be able to read it through our foreheads. Unfortunately, life is not like that. And marriage is hard and babies make it harder, but teamwork is what gets us through. I think having twins is such a huge blessing because it has thrown us both into parenthood, ready or not. We've had to work together to survive the sleepless nights, among other things. And Andrew is 110% committed to our family and is always willing to work harder. He is such a blessing to me and to our boys.
Our day today was a good one. We didn't do anything extra special, and I didn't even get Andrew a gift (terrible, I know! but he wouldn't want me to spend the money and his love-language is not gifts). We went to church, which was awesome. We've been visiting a church for a few months now and we've fallen in love with the people. We really feel at home there. We haven't been plugged into a small group yet because they're taking a break for the summer, but we're looking forward to it in the fall. They're also on a summer schedule for Sundays that consists of a prayer service at 9:15 and one worship service at 10:30. We haven't been to this church since they started this schedule, being out of town and the afraid the boys schedule wouldn't work out. They usually go down for a nap at 9. So this morning, we just went on the prayer service, hoping they would sleep through the whole thing. (They didn't, but they did really well.) I was nervous about the prayer service because I didn't know what to expect, but it was very moving. I didn't know most of the music, but I think that helps me focus on it sometimes. We prayed in 5 different postures to reflect the scriptures and we prayed individually and as a church. I've been dealing with some attitude issues lately, and this service really spoke to me and I felt like I deepened my relationship with Christ. The worship service was also powerful and I walked away renewed. It always amazes me how God can lay something on my heart and, when I turn around and say it to Andrew, he says he feels the same calling. God is so awesome.
We came home and ate lunch and then Andrew and the boys got naps. I hadn't put the boys carseats back in the car since our trip to Louisiana (I just realized I haven't blogged about that yet...), so I moved their shoulder straps up a notch and hooked them into the car... facing forward! Yep, we're facing forward now. I think they really like being able to see because they're super quiet during the ride. This afternoon, we went over to Andrew's parents' house for supper. We grilled out and the boys got to play and everyone had a great time. 180 pictures were taken, so definitely won't post them all!! But here are the best ones.
Sheila hung two swings on her carport, and the boys love them!
Aidan is walking!! He can get 5 or 6 steps in before he falls, too, and he's so proud of himself! So are we :)
Jordan loves this Sit'n Spin because it plays music and looks like steering wheel (he "drives" everything).
Aidan driving the airplane
Silly family :)
Aidan getting kisses from the puppy
They love this dog! I don't love any dogs, but this one is pretty good about letting them play with him.
I love J's face in this one (on the left).
I love Aidan's high-steppin' in this one!
Aidan
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment