The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Friday, July 2, 2010

Aidan & Jordan are 1!

1 year.  It has been 1 whole year since my baby boys were born.  And they're not even babies any more.  They're toddlers.  Jordan walked last night!  (I said I just wanted them walking by their birthday, and I got it!)  I'm sure I'll have a nice long "reflecting" post to share, but I'll save that for another day.  Today, we celebrate the boys!!  They are so silly.  Aidan is officially walking - he now stands up from sitting without pulling on anything and just starts walking across the room!  He never gets more than 5 or 6 steps, though.  And Jordan has gained the confidence he needed to let go and take steps on his own.  He's a monkey (climber), though.  I usually let them help pull the clothes out of the dryer (because they will whether I want them to or not and it's easier to let them "help") and put them in a laundry basket.  Then they like to push the basket around the house.  We've taken "rides" in it before, so Jordan thought it was perfectly natural to climb into while I wasn't looking!
So I had to put Aidan in because he's not a monkey.
let the poking begin!
I finally got pictures of him climbing into my grandmama's old chair.
whatcha doin', bubba?
They've gotten into giving kisses, too.  Just before their nap this afternoon, we were reading a Mirror Me book.  It shows a face on one page and the opposite page is a mirror so you can see the baby make the face.  Aidan started giving the baby kisses this week and today, Jordan did it.  Then after Jordan kissed the baby in the book, the boys leaned in and kissed each other!!  How sweet is that?? Last night, they took a bath in my big tub, just for fun.  Aidan kept seeing himself in the round metal covering and giving that baby kisses, too.
Aidan now likes bananas.  He really likes to hold a half of one and just take bites - and he does really well with it!  Jordan doesn't care for bananas, but he likes blueberries.  The only ones I've had to give him have been frozen and I've just run a little warm water over them.  Aidan isn't a fan, but I think it might just be the cold and not the taste. 
Here's Aidan with a little too much banana in his mouth:
He's started doing this thing where he smiles, but squints at me when I go to take a picture of him!  I guess the flash is too bright.  But they know to smile!
We're working on waving, but they don't always see Andrew leave in the morning and I hardly leave them enough to teach them "bye-bye."  Aidan usually just sticks his hand up in the air and Jordan sometimes waves both arms up and down.  They LOVE books.  After breakfast, they usually go to their room and play for a few minutes while I clean up the kitchen.  When I go to check on them, Aidan grabs a book and crawls up in my lap.  We have to read all the books in their room 9 times.  Then I convince them to go into the living room and once we're there, Aidan grabs a book and crawls up in my lap.  Then we have to read all the books in the living room 9 times.  I'm very serious, almost literally 9 times.  They love it.  I love that they love books, but it makes me sleepy doing all that reading in the morning!  But they fuss at me when I don't start reading, so we read.  We bought an inflatable ball pit for their birthday that's a Little People train engine.  It's been living in the living room and my room on days I don't want it out there.  They love it!
check out Aidan's face (in the back)
Here are the only pictures I got this morning of them in their birthday shirts:
Jordan above, Aidan below

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep checking here to see birthday pictures and updates, I hope you are planning on doing some soon. love you, Mama