The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Busy busy!

Sorry for the lack of posting the last two weeks.  The boys are constantly on the move!  They're walking all over the house!  They're still not totally stable, but they're getting more confident every day.  They've learned how to make the vroom vroom sound with their mouth and they do it every time they see a car or truck.  They have a counting book that they love to read - 8 is big trucks and 10 is busy babies.  Jordan only wants to see the trucks and Aidan only wants to see the babies!  Aidan has started loving on stuffed animals, too.  He gives them  hugs and kisses.  He spotted my old monkey up on the shelf the other day.  I used to sleep with this thing, Sammy, and he's probably the ugliest toy in the room now.  His fur is all matted and not soft at all, but I got him down to see what they'd do with it.  Aidan loves him.  And actually, Jordan likes him a lot, too.  Melts my heart  :)  They surprise us everyday with the things they learn and remember.  Like this morning, we were all in the boys' room and I said it was time for a nap.  Aidan crawled (fast) for the door, smiling and shaking his head "no" all the way!  He's finally gotten the connection of when I say "no" and shake my head.  He now shakes his head when I say "no" (to him or Jordan), and the other day, he shook his head at Jordan because he didn't want to be touched!  They both sign "light" and "fan."  Jordan is trying to sign "outside."  It looks just like "light," but he reaches his hand toward the door.  They love to be outside.  I just wish it wasn't so hot!  It's too much for me to take them out there alone (and they don't like to crawl on the grass).  I'm excited for fall and them being more steady on their feet.  Andrew won a Dell gift card from a webinar he did at work, so we got a video camera!  I love it.  There will be many videos to come, I'm sure.  I'm really glad Blogger has that capability now. 

My cousin Catherine is getting married this month and all the kids in both of their families are in the wedding in some way.  My boys are riding in a wagon (prayerfully) being pulled by their cousin.  Originally, the bride wanted all the girls in white dresses and boys in white shirts with black shorts.  I waited a little late to get those things and ran out of money and time.  So I talked to her about it and I'm making them john-johns to wear!  I'm so proud of myself - the pattern is from the 70s and I've had to look up several terms online, but they're almost done!  I have to hem the second one and put the buttons & buttonholes on and then I'm done!  I used madras cloth, which is a lighter weight plaid that doesn't have a front & back to the material (which is excellent).  It's white background with blue & green lines and I love it.  One will have blue buttons and the other will green.  I've been holding off on the buttons because I need my Singer (newer) machine for the buttonholes, but I still need to finish that hem on the old Kenmore.  Anyway, I'm hoping to have them done by Tuesday afternoon because we're going to portrait party.  This is new to me, but the photographer lets someone host the party (like a Mary Kay/Pampered Chef/Premier Jewelry type thing) and all the guests get 20 minutes with the photographer.  There is no obligation to buy, but you can choose whatever you like out of what she gets.  I don't know that we'll buy anything, but it sounds fun (and I never make it into the pictures with the boys AND they just turned one).  So I'd love for them to wear the outfits I made them!

Here are some recent photos:
Do they know what to do with a camera or what?
I did not put him in there - he did that all on his own!
And of course, Monkey Jordan climbed into the shelf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the outfits! I'm so proud of you for making them. I am working on the other outfits but having trouble with migraines which cuts down on my time. See you and yours soon!!!!

Love to all, mama