I tried to post this a week ago, but the pictures wouldn't upload. And they still won't. Sorry folks!
I can't believe I haven't blogged about the boys' first birthday party yet! So here goes...
Their birthday was on Friday, we picked blueberries at Sheila's on Saturday, and Sunday we had their party. That morning was a bust for naps. The new/current schedule at church is prayer service at 9:15 and worship service at 10:30. The boys schedule is all kinds of off because of these darn first year molars. It doesn't seem to matter what time they go to bed at night, they are up at 6am. They're back down at 9am for a nap that might be 45 minutes or as long as 2 hours. They have an afternoon nap 3 hours after they wake up from the morning one. I'm very frustrated by the whole thing because those teeth have been 2 months coming now and I really like schedules. I also really like having 20 minutes (or more) to get up and shower and feel prepared for the day instead of hopping out of bed whenever they wake me up. But I can't get up before 6, my body just won't do it. I'm a night person and I haven't figured out how to change that, if it's possible. ... Sorry! Anyway, back to the birthday party day. They fussed all through prayer service and refused to sleep (they were crying when I went to peek in on them and that's not normal for them). So we left. We got them home and napped and ready for lunch. The afternoon went better, so after their second nap, everyone came over (around 3:30 or 4). When I say "everyone," there really weren't many people. My parents came down, Andrew's mom and sister & her fiance came. It was very small, but that was just fine. We had their cakes outside to try to contain the mess, but it was blazing hot. Sheila made all the cakes for us! She used the Little People animals we had just gotten from a friend to top the cakes! Aidan just dove right in after we sang to them. Jordan just looked at us and then at his cake as if to say, "really? what is this?" But he finally got a little taste and then they both had fun devouring half their little cakes. We also got them some fun cups - they look like balls and have crazy straws - they were a big hit. We came inside right after they finished their cakes, it was only 1000 degrees outside and miserable. They opened their presents and played with them all. They got a mailbox, a baseball set, and new books from Mimi & Grandpa, two new big trucks from Adrienne, and I wrapped up the wooden letters I bought at a yard sale a couple months ago. They had a great time and we got a lot of pictures. After presents, we grilled out and had their big cake and then it was about bedtime. It was a good end to the big birthday weekend!
And I know I didn't post about this either, but neither of them had any trouble with the adenoidectomies. They both had to be woken up from the anesthesia afterwards. Aidan tried to drink some juice right away (always hungry) and threw up a bunch of phlem. Jordan fought sleep more and was restless and (I think) nauseated most of the day. Aidan was playing and happy by the time we got home, but both took good long naps the rest of the day, too. There's been very little snoring since! yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment