The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Friday, August 6, 2010

Blank

The lack of posts the last couple of weeks is due to a blank spot in my mind.  I can't think of anything to blog about - I guess I'm just in a funk.  Hopefully, it will pass.

Here's a much needed update, though!  Those molars are still not in... killing me.  We're making the switch to just one nap a day because they keep waking up in the middle of the night just to talk.  Today was Day 1, and so far, so good.  It kind of seems like they learn new big things everyday!  Which I'm sure they do, but it's amazing to watch!  There aren't many words they say (other than Daddy and every now and then Mama), but Aidan says ball and bath.  I think he's working on brother or "bubba."  He's been saying buhbuhbuh and shaking his head no a lot lately....  Jordan says down (because I'm constantly telling him to sit down in the chairs) and will sometimes say on (which comes out ahm) and off (ahp).  They both sign more (food), light, and fan.  Jordan now signs book and fish (sort of) and Aidan is trying to do fish, too.  They are walking all over the house and trying to run.  They chase each other with push toys, and yesterday, they were pretending to "get" each other on the living room floor.  We play a game where we pat the bed or floor with our hands and get closer and closer to them until we can tickle them.  They were going back and forth patting the floor at each other!  I didn't get the video camera fast enough, though.  They still love books and now they are loving books about animals.  I think they like all the sounds we make.  Jordan is still all about the trucks and Aidan is all about the stuffed animals.  They both will do the other sometimes, too, but those are just their personalities, I guess.  Aidan is in a bad habit of pushing Jordan right now.  He gets mad when Jordan gets in his way or tries to take something (or looks like he's going to), so he pushes him down.  It doesn't help that he's the bigger one.  The dominant traits still switch children every so often.  Keeps us on our toes!

2 comments:

The Bock 10 (Yes, ten) said...

What a blessings these boys are! The photos are great & they are adorable!

Anonymous said...

hoping to see more pictures soon. Miss you,

M