This is just a random list of the things that have been going on with us recently. I have so much to update on that I lose track easily! If I don't update right when it happens, I'll probably forget. So I apologize for the randomness of this post. :)
We had a bunch of baby food coupons and we've decide to move away from the jarred stuff and start trying to incorporate the boys into our meals by just mashing up what we have for them. We've gotten into a great habit of eating really healthy lately, so this is do-able, just a little more work. So we wanted to use up the coupons on one last shopping trip. Note: Andrew does the grocery shopping alone most weeks because it's just easier. We shop at Publix and hardly see anyone we know, but everyone in the store - employess included - has to stop us and ask about the babies and tell us a personal story of the multiple birth babies in their life. We love our babies - they are quite cute - and we don't mind hearing about other babies and telling other people how old and how big ours are. But seriously? It takes us a good hour and half to get through Publix at that rate. Not to mention we're maneuvering a buggy and a double stroller through the store. Anyway, here is what he came home with.
And here is most of it as it would fit on my shelf in the kitchen. That's 70 jars you're looking at - about a week's worth of food. (although, they've eaten less than that this week due to teeth.)
Both boys are sitting up so well!! Aidan fell backward one last good time earlier this week and hasn't done it again. They've learned that it's them making them fall back and, more importantly, how to not do that.
Aidan left, Jordan right
Also, they're holding their own bottles!! We've been working on it, but it's hard for me to work on it during the day when I have to hold both bottles. I don't have extra hands to place their hands on the bottles while keeping the bottles in their mouths.... it's complicated. :) So when we went to childcare for my Mom Time Brunch this week, the girls in the nursery told me that Jordan could hold his own bottle. Evidently one girl ended up holding both boys while trying to give them bottles because of timing and Jordan got tired of her dropping his and held it himself. Love that kid. So we've been working harder on it and their really getting the hang of it. Aidan even figured out how to keep the nipple in his mouth while he turns slightly off to the side to cough, so that he can easily return to sucking. So smart. Here they are - big boys:
Aidan
Jordan
Jordan is getting all the way up on all fours and rocking big time! I really thought his hands were going to fly out from underneath him the other day because he was rocking so hard. And last night, he sort of turned in a half circle while on hands and knees - that's movement! We have play yard up around the living room that was my parents, so we're prepared. Aidan has decided that, even though Jordan's not moving yet, it would be a good idea to learn whatever's so exciting about being up on hands and knees. He's trying really hard, but he's heavier and having hard time getting his belly all the way, bless his heart. But his personality has come through and he's making the funniest faces. He moves his mouth like he's talking all day, but there's no sound coming out.
Aidan up on hands and knees! Don't you love that grin??
This doesn't capture exactly how funny Jordan is. He is such a clown! He laughs at everything and everyone. But unless it's just really funny, he'll open his mouth as big as he can, but no sound comes out! I took this picture because Sheila was tickling him and he was loving it, but he never laughed out loud. It was like the sound was stuck in his belly because he was so excited (and he laughs out loud all the time).
In other news, I have started going on walks around the neighborhood, just me and the boys. I've got to get some exercise and some sunshine while it's nice and warm! I've got a mile loop that I walk and it's getting better, but *wow* is two 20lb babies and 5lb stroller a heavy load to push!! It feels good to get out and get moving, though. Hopefully, I'll get the motivation to start my yoga back up soon. I miss my P90x!!





No comments:
Post a Comment