This morning, they were sitting in their feeding seats playing with toys and watching me eat cereal. I noticed them watching me and they were both making chewing motions with their mouths. So I decided to try some puffs. They're like Cheerios, only shaped different and less solid, so they dissolve easily. Most babies I've known have loved them. They learn to pick them up with their pincher fingers, which is an important skill. Well, my boys liked them well enough. Jordan thought either they tasted bad or had a weird texture (maybe both), but he kept eating them. He even picked a few up (one at a time), but couldn't get them in his mouth. Aidan didn't seem to care much one way or the other, but he ate them, too. Once he figured out that he couldn't pick them up off the tray, he was a lot less interested. He really is a little lazy! But he was also busy blowing raspberries, so...
Our schedule is changing, I think. It's hard to say, but they've been waking up earlier. Last week it was 5:30ish, but it's not so early now. I think we also pulled "a stupid" and kept going in their room when they'd wake up early. I'm usually really good about letting them fuss around and get themselves back to sleep, but they'd wake up crying, which is not like them at all. We figured it was teeth, so we'd give teething tablets and then they wouldn't want to lay back down, so I'd rock them back to sleep. Well, surprise, surprise, we started a bad habit. I was so ill with myself!! But it didn't take long to fix it, thank the good Lord. But they are now getting up between 6:30 and 7 and taking their bottles early. Then we have breakfast about an hour to an hour & a half later. This morning, we took 6 oz bottles and then had cereal and a 1/2 jar more of fruit than usual. I can never tell when they're actually going through a growth spurt and when they're just big healthy, growing boys. But they've also taken out their evening naps. They used to have a long nap morning and afternoon and then a little 30 minute nap after supper, but that's changed, too. They sleep about an hour & a half in the morning and then 2 hours in the afternoon. Roughly. But they're so sleepy by 7:30 that they've been asleep by 8:15 the last two nights. Which is fine with me!! That'll give me time to watch The Biggest Loser tonight!! (We don't have cable, so I watch it online and I'm always a week behind.) So they stay awake longer and more during the day and they've started "playing" together. They hand each other toys (take them from each other) and give hugs and kisses (try to eat that other baby)!! :) It's so fun to watch. They're still working on sitting up well. They are getting more control everyday, but they still get upset when they fall over. No, I don't just let them fall over, but two babies is hard to hold onto! But I think they need to fall a little to learn how to get themselves back up. So we're working on it!
Here's my boy, trying to learn how to crawl:
Here's Aidan paying close attention:
Just some other fun stuff
Today after I laid them down for a nap, they fussed around for a few minutes before falling asleep. When I left the room, Jordan's pacifier was in his mouth. Here's where it is now... How??Here's all the fun we had when it snowed:
2 comments:
They are changing sooooo fast! Sure miss getting to hold them and want to play with them so bad!
Oh my word look at all the stuff they are doing! They are growing up so fast, good greif. We miss seeing you all around church and group!
Post a Comment