The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow...

What is Valentine's with no snow?  No White Christm....  right.  It's not Christmas.  I can't get the song out of my head, though.  Great movie.

There was no snow this morning (or last night) like they said there would be.  So I just figured it would be another uneventful day.  Until the boys went down for their morning nap and I happened to look out the window!  It was snowing so hard!  Which sounds weird because snow is soft... Anyway.  It snowed so much so fast.  The yard was so pretty.  And I was determined to get the boys out in it for just a few minutes to see what they thought about it.  Problem: how do you take two babies who can't walk out in the snow together without everyone getting soaked or someone getting left out in it???  Just contemplate how that would work for a minute, knowing that I really can't carry them both at once any more.  Seriously, I do not have the twin thing totally figured out.  I get so disappointed at things like this.  Everyone else went out with their one baby and got cute pictures of them sitting on a blanket in the snow.  Even one of my twin mom friends got both her girls out in it (but I think she had help).  The best I could do was (pitiful) put them both in the stroller and push it out the front door.  They couldn't have cared less.  I don't think they even knew it was happening because they were strapped in the stroller.  But then Andrew was coming home early and his mom got out of school early and I thought we could get it done then.  We didn't.  It was time for breathing treatments and another nap.  And then we decided to go ahead on our Valentine's date before supper because of the chance of ice after dark, so we really had no chance of getting them back out in the daylight.  Andrew did have time to build two little snowmen out back (and one giant snowball, just for giggles and grins).  Hopefully, they'll be there tomorrow and I can get us all out and get a quick picture before they melt.

So Andrew and I went to see a movie and have dinner out while Sheila watched the boys.  It was nice to get out (but cold!) and we had a good time.  The movie was good - Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson - weird, but good.  Dinner was excellent, we tried a new Mexican restaurant - Pablo's - and were very happy with it.  We were home in time to put the boys to bed, which always makes me happy.

The last couple of days have been a little tough.  Everything I've read lately has said that "baby falls hard for mommy around 6 months old."  Meaning baby realizes that mommy is more than important and wants to be with her all the time.  And it's true.  Strangely, all these baby emails that I get are actually timely.  I can't sit near them on the floor where we play without both of them turning to me and reaching out.  They're fine if I'm in the other room.  They play quietly and have fun.  If I come in the room, they last about 5 minutes with me sitting on the couch reading.  Then they start fussing.  Don't get me wrong, I love my babies and I love to hug and kiss on my babies.  And, as discussed with family tonight, if it was one baby, we'd just sit and cuddle all day.  But it's not just one baby.  It's two tugging babies.  I sat in the floor this afternoon with one on either side of me just clinging to my shirt and pulling me both directions.  {insert stressed face here}  It was much worse at the start of the week when we were all so exhausted.  I'm still tired, but catching up, so it's gotten better.  But really, it's just that I have a better perspective and handle on the situation.  They are such happy babies, but now when I lay Jordan down on his back (even to change his diaper), he loses it.  I mean, real tears and everything.  Aidan isn't quite as bad, but he does it, too.  I think it's just tiring.  I feel like I can't put them down.  We spend a lot of time with me on the floor with one on both knee.  And then I worry I'm spoiling them by giving in.  And I don't really believe that I can spoil them that easily, I'm sure it's just a need they have at this stage.  I just wish I had two more arms.  And I thank the Lord for my husband who is home on nights and weekends!  I couldn't do it without him.
Snow pictures tomorrow!

No comments: