Well, I haven't been blogging because I've been suffering sleep deprivation. I finally hit my breaking point on Tuesday and Sheila had to come take care of all three of us. We really appreciated her taking off work on such short notice to let Mommy sleep all day!!! I will be enlisting help from friends from all over on a daily/weekly basis from here on out. With the boys sleeping less during the day at this stage, I don't get naps like I did. And they don't usually nap at the same time - after nursing, one will sleep for 30 mins and the other will stay awake for 15 or 20 mins and then sleep. So there is only 10 or 15 mins of overlap time, usually. I decided that the growth spurts must have been individual and piggybacked - Jordan went first and Aidan went second. And now they're just used to nursing every hour and a half and they like their schedule. I really don't care for it.
We went to our 2 month well baby visit yesterday with Dr. Stansell. We have been really pleased with him and his office. We're really thankful to our friend Kathy for recommending him! Sheila took Wednesday off, too, to help us get to the doctor and back (but that was planned), and we were all really excited to see how much the boys have grown. Aidan weighed in at 10lbs 2oz and 22.5 inches long - he is 25th percentile in weight and 50th percentile in height! Jordan (fatty patty) weighed in at 11lbs 7oz and 22 inches long - he's 50th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height! Funny what a half inch and a pound and a half will do. By the way, that is a 29 ounce gain for J and a 24 ounce gain for A in two and a half weeks - they are supposed to gain 4-7 ounces a week at this stage. We're overacheivers, what can I say? He said they both look great and they should be just fine on a 2 1/2 or 3 hour schedule. He also said that if we need an extension on sleep at night, to top them off with an ounce of formula after our regular feeding. We may try that for a week, just to see what happens. They got 5 vaccinations (!!) - one oral and 4 shots. That was not fun, but surprisingly not horrible. Aidan went right to sleep afterwards in Sheila's arms, and I nursed Jordan back to sleep before we left. We got lunch and made it home before they started waking up for their next round of Tylenol. Since then, they've just been sleeping and waking up to eat and get Tylenol about every 4 hours. Mommy and Daddy slept really good last night!!
Today we went to see the neurologist at St. Vincent's. A few weeks ago, I had a follow up MRI done to see if the spots they saw after my seizures were still there. The phone call I got from the neurologist was a bit vague - she said it wasn't completely clear, but as long as I feel ok, I should be fine. She said if I start not feeling good, I'd need to make an appointment. So we decided we'd like to define "not feeling ok" and find out what those spots really mean. She said the spots were fluid leaks in/around my brain due to the eclampsia - very typical of what happened. Most of the time on the follow up MRI, those spots are gone, though. But because you only get preeclampsia/eclampsia while pregnant, she is only concerned with future pregnancies. When we decide to get pregnant again (don't look at me like that!), she will probably do another MRI before we get pregnant just to see what everything looks like. So I suppose we're not worried. Didn't really learn much from her, but that's that and we're happy there's nothing to worry about.
This has been a big week for us - they are 2 months old and Andrew and I have been married 2 years (September 1)!! And we have a child to show for each year, haha. His parents got us a Bruster's gift card (they know I'm a sucker for ice cream), so we used that Tuesday night while they babysat. My parents wanted to come stay with us this weekend to let us go out on a real date, but my Daddy's uncle passed away and plans changed. They are in Dothan now for a visitation today and funeral tomorrow - so they'll come by and spend the night tomorrow night on the way back, but they won't get here early enough to watch the boys for us. So we'll go out Saturday night and let his parents watch them again. I'm thinking Cheesecake Factory (really just for the cheesecake!). :)
Here are the recent photos!
Jordan is smiling!!
Jordan's shirt: "Daddy's team - Future MVP"
3 comments:
Yay for Dr. Stansell!! He is super fabulous. Yay you for keeping up with 2 babies! I'm amazed. Your sweet boys ge cuter every day! I hope the formula trick works for you! WIth my luck it would work with one boy and not the other. LOL!
I am so proud of you and what you have accomplished in the last 2 months! You have 2 of the cutest babies in the world and you and Andrew are doing great. Now just get some mommy and boys pics up on the blog!
What cute, big boys! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow and change?! I'm glad everyone is doing well. Take care!
Post a Comment