We found a new pediatrician to go to last week. We saw Dr. Stansel on Monday, just as a new patient check and a recheck from Aidan's stay in the hospital. He said everything looked fine for both boys. He said Aidan shouldn't have any lasting effects from the nose drops, so we're thankful for that. He just shook his head when we told him what happened, and then repeated what we heard at Children's: children under 2 years old are not supposed to have any medication for colds and congestion but saline nose drops. Aidan weighed in at 8lbs 10oz and Jordan weighed in at 9lbs 10oz!! It's funny that they are a pound apart, and you can certainly see it on them. But I think Aidan is trying to play catch up now. :)
This past weekend was the BAMOM consignment sale, which is always fun. Bryson was supposed to have a doctor's appointment on Friday, but it got cancelled just as they drove into Bham. So he and Sarah and Mama all came to the house for a little while. Sarah and B had to go back to Huntsville that night, but Mama stayed to go with me to the sale. I got an exersaucer for $10, a music table for $4, a set of 3 shelves for $15, some fall outfits for the boys, and a pair of shoes and a BAMOM t-shirt for me. Mama bought a cute kidsized Radio Flyer wheelbarrow and the pictures above were part of our little photo shoot, just for fun. It monsooned on the way home, just like last year, but it was a good night. Saturday, Daddy came down to get Mama and brought B and Pappaw. It was Pappaw's first time to see the babies and he really enjoyed visiting with us.




Saturday night, David and Sheila invited us over to grill out, so we went. That turned out to be a terrible idea. I'm sure the boys were just worn out from being around a bunch of people all day, but they also wanted to cluster feed that night once we got to the Alanizes. So really, Andrew and I ate a little and I tried to feed them both enough to satisfy them (get them to settle down some) enough to get them home. Not a real good end to the day. But they did fine once we got home and overnight. We actually got up Sunday morning and made it to second service at church all by ourselves!! I had to nurse Jordan during the sermon, but Aidan made it a little longer. We had a gift card to Chili's, so we got it to go and I nursed Aidan while we waited. I'm getting more comfortable nursing them outside the house, but we're still not very good at it. Since I usually feed them in the football hold, they don't do the cradle hold very well all the time. But they both did really well Sinday.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! They are getting so big and they are handsome little guys! I know those cluster feeding sessions are hard, but it sounds like you're doing great...keep it up!
Post a Comment