The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy Boys

We have smiles on the way! Jordan, a little more than Aidan, has become very alert and focuses on faces really well. Aidan is just starting to do the same (about a week behind brother). Jordan's been working on his smile, getting the corners of his mouth up and making funny faces in the process. Sheila was over yesterday and talking to him and I got these pictures.


and this was after Aidan started getting upset, but he was actually reaching out for this crazy pillowface and making contact with his hands! I'm really excited about this because they've started napping less and being awake during the day more. But they're so little that there's nothing they can do while awake. I would be frustrated if I were them. Aidan did respond to sound, though - I had him on my lap and when Sheila spoke to him, he turned his head right toward her! I was impressed. :) They've been seeing each other, too. They sometimes will hold hands when they nurse - isn't that the sweetest?? I have pictures of that, but I can't post them for obvious reasons. Anyway, I hope this will begin a new stage of keeping themselves occupied and/or keeping each other occupied. I really struggle with only holding one baby when they're both crying. Or holding a sleepy crying baby when the other is alert and I could be talking to him. I worry they won't get enough face time with me because I can't keep them both focused on me at the same time... and there seems to be fewer hours in the day than I remember there being before. I guess I'm saying I haven't figured out how to divide my time fairly yet. And even if I had, would they cooperate? Probably not.

No comments: