
Well, that was the longest ultrasound ever. Today was our UAB ultrasound, which was fun except that Baby A has been head down all day and Baby B is laying on top of him. This evidently pushes Baby A's head down into my bladder. I've thought I had to go to the bathroom all day and then the tech kept pushing down on all the babies and it wasn't very pleasant. :) But we survived. The way they measure at UAB is more efficient - they measure all the organs (brain, kidneys, stomach, heart) and then average all the parts to get an age. They measured only 2 days apart this way! It's an 8% difference, which is good. They actually both measured 6 ounces, so that's even better! It's hard for me to believe they each weigh less than half a pound because they feel so heavy already... which probably bad (for me anyway)! We could see the thin membrane wall separating the babies and all else looked fine. The doctor said it was a little early to see twin-to-twin transfusion, so we're going back in 4 weeks to do it again. Unfortunately, everyone (Andrew & my parents) will be in Belize on the mission trip. But Sheila will be on Spring Break with me and so will my sister. So someone will get to go with me! We confirmed they are both boys, too. I would post more of the pictures, but they're really fuzzy because of the high resolution. But they were bouncing all over the place and I think Baby B was kicking Baby A in the head! So we should have fun things to look forward to! Next appointment with Dr. P. is next week on Thursday, I think. And we'll be painting the house this weekend, so there will be pictures from that soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment