The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Sunday, February 15, 2009

16 weeks and Homeowners!!

Well, everything went great this weekend! There was nothing to report from the final walkthrough because the guy's stuff was all still there. But we closed Friday morning with no problems. We got money to go towards getting us out of our lease - it was less than we had expected, but we're going to talk to the apartment office again. The seller was actually moving out Friday morning (even though we agreed to take possession at closing), so we gave him that half of the day to get everything out. We drove out to Columbiana (the county seat) to file homestead, which has something to do with taxes and having our names on the title. We went to the house afterwards and found a lot of stuff that the guy had just left. Like a grill and a patio table. And a dishwasher full of dishes. Very odd, but we'll give him a week to come get whatever, only because we're nice. After that, we're fixing up the grill!! He did have a really nice workbench that he built in the garage that we're excited about. So we pulled up the carpet in the master bedroom and all the quarter round in the living room, kitchen, and hallway. We didn't do much else on Friday. But yesterday, Sheila came and helped us clean a good bit. She got both bathrooms, the laundry closet, and the refrigerator. I cleaned most of the doors in the house, just trying not to overdo it. Chris also came over and helped Andrew change all the locks and clean out the garage. We also rented a carpet cleaner from Home Depot and cleaned the two secondary bedrooms. It feels much better now that it is cleaner. I don't really like cleaning up after other people!! We bought all our paint, hopefully we can tackle some of that next weekend. After it's painted, we'll get the floors taken care of.

the master bedroom with the carpet pulled up - almost ready for laminate flooring

the kitchen (from the living) with the quarter round pulled up and a clean fridge


what will be the nursery



cool work bench



I am 16 weeks (which is almost halfway there)! My goal is really only about 37 weeks, which would be great for twins in my little body. I can feel them moving around in my belly, but only from the inside. Every now and then I can feel a body part pushing out, and I can usually put my hand on it and feel a hard bump. Andrew keeps asking if I can feel them from the outside yet, I think he's anxious for that part! I have now outgrown two pairs of small maternity pants, which is bittersweet. The bigger borrowed stuff is starting to fit, but I never thought about getting to big for some of them. I think I'll take my day off tomorrow to go to Old Navy and look for some clothes! I've also outgrown a lot of my regular shirts now. I tried a shirt for church last week and it didn't cover half my belly!! That was a funny picture and a strange feeling. Thursday is my appointment at UAB for the high resolution ultrasound, so we're excited about that. I will definitely update after that one and hopefully have some info to share about how the twins are doing concerning blood flow and all that. Then next week, my regular doctor's appointment is to measure the babies organs and make sure everything is working properly (which we may already know after this week). It's also the appointment where most people find out the gender, but we've already done that! Here's the belly shot:



No comments: