The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

House Under Contract

We have a house under contract right now and we're hoping to close on February 13!!
294 Forest Lakes Drive
One car garage.

This is the entrance hallway. That floor is stained concrete. Cool to look at, not good for litte heads to hit.
What we hope/plan to be the nursery. We will be painting! And there is another spare room exactly like this one.

The guest/second bathroom. Also, stained concrete.

This is the master bath. There is a stand up shower with a door around the corner. I didn't put pictures of the master bedroom because I felt weird uploading pictures of someone else's bed and furniture.

The kitchen.

The living room.

The back.

We put an offer on this house on Saturday and got a signed contract on Sunday! God is putting all the pieces together just beautifully. We went to the inspection today and found no major problems. We will have to lay some laminate and get some gutters put on the back. Other than that, there's just some painting and love that needs to go into it. Evidently it was just a guy or two guys living there and they never cleaned. But it is in good shape. Everything is moving along and we signed for the mortgage today, too. The seller said we were an answer to his prayers, which is awesome because his house is an answer to ours! And his willingness to sell below market price. The way it working out, we will also not be breaking our lease, but just paying it out until June. So we will have plenty of time to get things done and then settle in. Which is also an (awesome) answer to our prayers. We will be close to where Andrew's parents live, and that is excellent. We will also be close to where Andrew's mom teaches. We are just continually praying that God continues to move in this situation and bless everyone involved. I will update as soon as I find out anything else!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice house. It reminds me of the house we rented in Houston, but a smaller version.

Unknown said...

What a cute house! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It looks amazing! I cannot wait to come see y'all! I'm so sorry I missed getting to see y'all last weekend. We were actually moving everything out of Scott's house, which was fun. I am just so excited for y'all I cannot even express it! I love you and can't wait to see you again before long!