Well. I don't think I posted before about Aidan's waking up crying thing. It was going on about a week that he would wake up early from sleeping and napping just in tears. Not middle of the night, just 5AM. But he also wasn't getting good naps and every time I'd go get him, Jordan would wake up. The last week on Monday, J was running a fever. Tuesday morning he threw up and I took them both in to the doc. I was afraid A was getting an ear infection from all the snotty noses or something, but they said he was fine. Stuck them both in the finger, fingers bled everywhere, not a fun trip to Mama (who was alone with babies). But J just had a little virus and he was over it pretty quick. So we upped Aidan's breathing treatments because they said the congestion was sounding pretty bad. Wednesday was awful for none of those reasons. I lost my head sometime around 9 and when I stopped at Publix on the way to a Multiples brunch, I locked my keys (the whole diaper bag, including phone) in the van. Called the brunch hostess - the Multiples club president - and she picked us up and took us to her house (after going to the wrong Publix first, at my direction -oops). We had a great brunch, which included me spilling soup on said president's carpet, Aidan screaming if I walked away from him and neither of them eating a whole lot for lunch. My lovely friend & brunch hostess then drove me to meet my sweet mother-in-law, who took off work to get us back to the house. In the end, I didn't get my grocery shop done (no big deal), we didn't get to church small group, and the sweet mother-in-law had to come back and watch the kids after she got off at her second job so that Andrew and I could go get the van. Bleh. Thursday was much better. I don't think we went anywhere. Friday morning, I finally got to Publix for groceries and when we got home, the boys just wanted to play outside. So we went out back and I noticed that Aidan was shivering. And his hands were turning purple. After taking them in and checking him out, his body was freezing except for his head and his temp was 102.1 under the arm (so 103). So I called and talked to the nurse and ended up taking them both back to the doc to get them checked for RSV. Again, my mother-in-law took off to go with me because the last appt was so stressful. No RSV, Jordan was a picture of health. Aidan got x-rays done, finger pricked, x-rays redone, and a shot of antibiotic (after he'd fallen asleep) because he has pneumonia. He's now on oral antibiotic and steroids and feels a thousand times better. AND last night was the first time he's woken up crying again since Thursday night. But he and I had to skip church Sunday morning and we had to postpone our fun-filled trip to the pumpkin patch.
In other news, Jordan is saying all kinds of words! It's so cute - he tries everything. Today he said pizza :) Aidan is trying more, too, and getting closer to real words. The difference in skill level just amazes me. Jordan's words sound like words and very close to what he's trying to say. Aidan's words are mostly just dah-dahs and bah-bahs. But I can tell the difference sometimes in what he's trying to say. Probably the funniest is how much they love the dog at Andrew's parents' house. He's huge, but he's really sweet with them. His name is Conrad and the boys call him all over the house (he stays outside). We told them we were going to Nana & Pops' to see Conrad on Saturday, and Aidan called that dog's name all the way there. We went over there for Andrew's birthday dinner and wouldn't let the boys play outside because of Aidan being sick. So they spent a lot of time standing at the back door with their arms through the broken screen calling and petting Conrad. :)
And last night, we split their beds up! We left Aidan's bed in the same corner, but moved Jordan's to the opposite corner and put both side rails back on both beds. They did great! They stayed in their own beds and Aidan only woke up once crying really hard. The rest of the night they slept perfectly! Which is more than I can say for Andrew and I - I guess it was the storm. We also rearranged toys to try to get more of the big stuff in their room and out of the living room. We should be getting a new back door and carpet this week!! Whoohoo!
1 comment:
Oh my, you had a rough go of it. I love reading your blogs...an insight to the "real" life of a mom!
Post a Comment