The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Monday, April 20, 2009

Belize

The next couple posts will be backtracking to catch up on things I didn't have pictures for! This is one is the week I spent with Sarah and the kids in Huntsville and Birmingham - when Andrew & his sister and my Mama & Daddy were all in Belize without me!! Usually we take the evangelical team down during the kids Holy Week holidays so that we can do VBS type work during the day. This trip was very different. They did some children's classes at night, but also some ladies' and men's classes. They got to work on some of the church buildings - painting and cleaning and things like that. They also got to spend a lot of time just being with our friends down there, mostly the preachers & their families, and encouraging them. Here are just a few of the 375 pictures that Mama gave me! (Sadly, the little camera that Andrew took wiped its own memory card halfway through the week.)


The tiny little plan they took from Belize City to Punta Gorda

Eating supper at Emory

If I didn't know better, I'd say he only goes for the fried fish ;)
Mama and Daddy with Elinor and Reuben and their new baby

Andrew with his buddies from last year


The church building in Punta Gorda - they repainted everything




Adrienne painting

Joe and Adrienne's friend Emily painting
One of the women's classes

Mama and Adrienne trying out "backing" a baby. They carry their babies around in this white cloth bag with a strap around their heads to keep their hands free - pretty heavy!

No comments: