Well, as my second trimester comes to an end (yay!), things are interesting as always. Sunday (the 26th) was my Crossbridge Church shower at Donna's house. I have a few pictures from that, but I will wait until I have them all to post them - that should be next week. The babies got some wonderful things! I will tell all about those things when I post the pictures, too. I was excited that my family was able to come down and spend the day with us, even if it wasn't very long. It's always nice to see them!
Mama stayed with me here in Birmingham for a few days after the shower to help me with the unpacking and take me to my OB appointment. On Monday, we worked on the babies' room and got it all put together! We don't have the bed or the rocker yet, but they are finishing touches. (pictures below) We got the baby clothes that we have sorted out and put away and the border painted. On Tuesday, we were going to visit Noah's Nook before my OB appointment, but I had another episode in the car on the way there. The same thing that happened two weeks ago happened again, only this time I did actually pass out for waht we think was just a few seconds. I'm so thankful Mama was there! (I haven't been driving anyway, so don't think that I would've passed out while driving - I haven't driven since that last episode.) So we just went straight to the OB - that was about 10AM. I'm up to 132 lbs, which is roughly 22 lbs I've gained so far. In the ultrasound, we found out that one baby has turned head down (YAY!) and the other is still transverse (across my belly). One is 2lbs 4oz and the other is 2lbs 5oz. From what I've read online, this is a little on the big end of normal for twins - lucky me! :) But they look healthy and are growing together still, praise God! Dr. P. said my iron is still a little low, but up from last time they saw me. My blood pressure is a little lower than it had been in the beginning of the pregnancy, but they don't seem worried about that. She was worried about me passing out, so guess what we got to do! 3rd floor Labor & Delivery is getting to be a very familiar place to me. It seems that if Mama comes down to take me to the doctor, I have to go get monitored!! :) But this time, we went and ate lunch first. They put me on the monitors and said a neurologist would be along at some point to consult with me. So Andrew came to the hospital until we saw Dr. Pearson (neurologist) around 4:15 and she scheduled me to come to her office for an EEG on Thursday (today). But then they said I was having contractions again, so I couldn't leave. I got 3 shots of Brethine this time and they finally let us go at 7:30 PM. LONG DAY. And I'm now back on the Brethine pills everyday. So Wednesday, we went to Noah's Nook for a few minutes and then ran some other errands. One place we went was Motherhood Maternity and we found me a few more clothes to get me through. I found a fabulous pair of pants and a skirt that have a cool over-the-belly section that is really thin and supportive without having a hard band at the top! Then we came home and set up the guest bedroom and the living room. Mama was supposed to go home Tuesday night, but stayed because of the hospital thing. So Wednesday night, Daddy came down here to the house and had supper with us before taking her home. Today, Andrew took a half day and drove us up to Dr. Pearson's office (also downtown at St. Vincent's) at 1 PM for my EEG. The test took about 30 minutes and wasn't bad at all. Just a cap full of electrodes strapped to my head and stuck down with goop. Dr. Pearson said everything looked normal and she believes it to just be fainting spells, which is much better than the alternative. Part of the reason we went: While I was passed out, Mama saw my hand shaking - kind of like a seizure. But the EEG is designed to induce seizures if that is what's going on, and it didn't. So we have no idea what that was about. Really, all the doctor said was definitely don't drive and I haven't been anyway. So I'm going to make sure I get more protein in my diet (especially early in the day) and keep drinking my 64 oz+ of water a day. And try to not faint.
So as promised, here are the pictures of the house - mostly put together and as finished as can be at this point. Curtains are being hung this week and the rest will get there slowly, but surely. But at least you can see what most of it looks like.
This design goes all the way around. The animals and tree are stamps (some bought, some carved by Mama) and we did 3 sets of animals - each a different color of elephant, rhino, & bird. We will go back later and add music notes around the bird. Mama did all the climbing on a chair and stamping, while I sat on the floor and painted the stamps for her. I really love it!!
1 comment:
It's looking good! I don't have the patience (or know how) to do the stamps but they look amazing! I'm sure it'll be hard to paint over when the time does come!
Post a Comment