The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Thursday, April 9, 2009

24 week appointment

Well, we've had another eventful week!




On Tuesday, Bryson had a doctor's appointment here in Birmingham. Sarah drove her and B and Mama down and they left Mama here with me. I wanted her to stay with me for a couple days because my baby shower at school was scheduled for Wednesday and I had an appointment today at the OB with an ultrasound. So Tuesday night was supposed to be a going-away party for my director at Golden Corral. I didn't want to make Mama go and stay, but she said it was fine for us to eat with everyone. It turned out to be a surprise baby shower for me! It was a lot of fun and Andrew and his mom got to come, too. I only have the pictures that Sheila got and a lot were fuzzy, so I'll see if Mama's are better later.


So Wednesday, I didn't go to work because there was no baby shower! And I was still recovering from the hospital stay the week before. So Mama packed a bunch of boxes and we took them over to the new house and unpacked most everything in the kitchen. Well, I sat on the couch while Mama put things away, really. This morning (Thursday) we packed a few more boxes in my car for a later trip planned to the house. We went up to Hancock Fabric and got a few patterns that we think she make fit my rapidly growing belly. Then we went up to my OB appointment at 10:45. I had to do the glucose test, but I passed! Mama got to see the boys on the ultrasound, and wow they have grown! They both measured 24 weeks exactly and one was 1lb 7oz and the other was 1lb 8 oz. We finally had someone (the US tech) explain how they are positioned in my belly, too, which is helpful. Baby A is on the bottom side of my belly and toward the front. Baby B is on the top side of my belly and toward my back. Today, they were laying with there little heads together on my right side. That explains a lot of the pain I have in the right side of my back and ribs! Well, the US tech was really sweet and got excited about the twins (she is a twin) and turned on the 4D! So again, Andrew missed it! But at least I wasn't alone! She printed out some pictures for us and here are the best. Baby A always has his hand at his mouth. Baby B got tired of the noise, I guess, and turned over on his stomach right when she started the 4D. So we got no pictures of his face! We did get one of the back of his head, haha. But like I said, they had their heads together, facing each other and looked very cozy in there. Here's Baby A - Aidan:

And here's their two little hands together:
Baby B will be Jordan.
I don't remember if I had posted the names or not, but we changed them from what they were to Aidan and Jordan.
So after a nice US, Dr. Christine (my OB is out of town) saw me. She checked my cervix and I'm still not dilated (excellent!), so she was happy with that. But she did want to check and make sure I wasn't having contractions because I still can't always tell. So she sent us to Labor & Delivery in the hospital (conveniently in the next building) to be monitored for an hour. We hadn't had lunch and this was 12:15, so she gave me a bottle of water, peanut butter crackers and animal crackers and we headed over there. After more than an hour, we hadn't seen any contractions. But they keep saying that my uterus is showing irritability. So Dr. Christine came down and said with one baby, she wouldn't worry about it, but it's different with two. So she decided to give me Brethine (that's the shot I had that was so crazy the other night) in pill form. But she wanted to watch me for another hour after I had it. So we stayed (and thankfully, the sweet nurse found me some more snacks) until about 4:15. I didn't have any bad reactions to the Brethine, so that was good. But we were starving by that time! So after a McD's run, we headed back to the apartment to get Andrew and drop off Mama. Daddy is here now, so they went and ate while we went to childbirth classes - back to the hospital!! We're glad we only had to stay for the classes today. :)
Tomorrow, Mama & Daddy and I will pack and move a few more things and try to avoid the storms. Saturday, the movers will be here at 8 AM! And then we'll be in the house for Easter! Probably laid up in the recliner. Dr. Christine was adamant that I not work after this next week, too, so I'm sad about that. But I think we've got the final art project rolling enough that it will definitely get done. I just hate that I won't be there for it. And now I have officially been put on modified bedrest, starting the week after next. I'm supposed to stay off my feet for 4-6 hours a day. At least we will be in the house. I made it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear everything went so well today!!

I spoke with Jill and Marjorie today and we are all well on our way to finishing out your project. I will miss my little Anna friend at school, but am glad to hear you will be resting and "cooking" those babies!

See you soon.

Annette

Ashleigh Yocom said...

I knew you'd make it! I can't believe it's so close to the end of school and you'll miss those last few weeks though :(

At least you made it to your goal though! How did the move go? Hurry up and post pics of the house! (all moved in of course)