The theif comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Sunday, December 28, 2008

9 weeks

Happy New Year!
We said last year that we wouldn't go to everyone's Christmases again this year, but we did anyway. We had fun, of course, but we're pretty worn out. I've had a sinus thing going on, so I missed a lot of sleep while we were traveling, which only made it worse. But I'm feeling better now. Christmas Eve we went up to Huntsville and got to spend that day hanging out with my family. My sister's kids got sock monkeys and sock monkey pjs on Christmas Eve and they loved them. We went out looking at Christmas lights with them in their new pjs to try to wear them out.


We got to be there Christmas morning, and my brother & sister-in-law and new baby made it for Christmas morning, too. It was really nice for us all to be there! From Huntsville, we went down to Arab to eat lunch with my Daddy's family. Almost everyone was there and it was nice to see them and catch up. We came back home that afternoon and got to lay around a little. Friday we spent the day with Andrew's family in Chelsea. We played some fabulous board games (like Buzz Words and Cranium) and then had Christmas and celebrated Mr. David's birthday. I got a few much needed articles of clothing (that fit!) to get me through until the borrowed maternity clothes start fitting. Sheila got the baby a couple of presents because she just can't help it as excited as she is!! There were some footie rattles and a sweet fleece blanket.



Saturday we went back to Huntsville, but we didn't do much during the day because Bryson was sick and they had to take him to the ER. I felt bad not getting to spend time with my little buddy, but he'd been throwing up and I really don't need to get sick. But we did eat supper with the Canterbury crew (my Mama's family) and we exchanged gifts after supper. Andrew and I didn't stay long after gifts because we had to drive back to Birmingham. We enjoy getting hang out before supper, though, and update everybody on what's been going on with us.
We had a wonderful Christmas! But I'm really glad I have next week off to lay around and clean up and recharge from last week! And as promised, here is the first official belly shot. I know it doesn't look like much, but it certainly feels like more than it looks!

No comments: