
We went to the ob/gyn on Monday, December 8 and I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant!! Isn't that a great birthday present for me?? We got to see it on the ultrasound (it's just a white speck right now) and hear the heartbeat a couple times. It was a little surreal!! We are very excited to be having our first baby! I was nauseated most of last week and had trouble eating, but, thankfully, I never threw up. I feel better this week, but I'm so tired! I'm glad I work short hours so I can nap every afternoon!
Monday night was also my Christmas party for the teachers at my Mother's Day Out program. I took the ultrasound pictures (even though there isn't much to see) and all the ladies were so excited. There was a lot of hugging and congratulating.
We had already told our immediate families about the upcoming appointment, but they were even more excited when we called after the appointment! My mother-in-law, Sheila, couldn't wait to share the news of her first grandbaby!
A little background info on the situation: In October, I went to see a new ob/gyn because I wanted someone that I felt was listening to me more than the last one did. I had been having a lot of endometriosis pain and wanted to dicuss the best options for the pain. We have heard from many that endo gets better during pregnancy and worse afterwards and we've also heard a lot of the opposite. It is clearly different for every woman, so our best bet was to try for pregnancy and see what happened. We are very thankful for the great blessing of only having to try for 2 months! I will try to update every week or so and put pictures of the belly to show the progress. Thanks for keeping up with us!
Monday night was also my Christmas party for the teachers at my Mother's Day Out program. I took the ultrasound pictures (even though there isn't much to see) and all the ladies were so excited. There was a lot of hugging and congratulating.
We had already told our immediate families about the upcoming appointment, but they were even more excited when we called after the appointment! My mother-in-law, Sheila, couldn't wait to share the news of her first grandbaby!
A little background info on the situation: In October, I went to see a new ob/gyn because I wanted someone that I felt was listening to me more than the last one did. I had been having a lot of endometriosis pain and wanted to dicuss the best options for the pain. We have heard from many that endo gets better during pregnancy and worse afterwards and we've also heard a lot of the opposite. It is clearly different for every woman, so our best bet was to try for pregnancy and see what happened. We are very thankful for the great blessing of only having to try for 2 months! I will try to update every week or so and put pictures of the belly to show the progress. Thanks for keeping up with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment