My sweet boys turned 2 yesterday!! It has gone by so fast. These precious little boys are growing and learning so much that it's hard to keep up! Andrew's grandparents sent them each a little money, so yesterday morning I took the boys to find a present for them with that money. We didn't spend all of it, but we got a great little Thomas the Tank Engine set (that came with Thomas & Percy - so thankful there were 2 engines in there) and it's a good addition to the tracks we already had. After nap, Andrew's parents and my parents came over and we opened presents. We gave them the Little People Construction set - which they love because it came with a dump truck & and wrecking ball truck (all cheap from a yard sale, but in great condition). I wrapped up the Thomas set - which they, of course, love because it's Thomas and has a train station and a train-wash (like a carwash) and a little thing that looks like it's dumping coal onto the trains. My mom had gotten two big beach towels monogrammed with their names, which they recognized! Andrew's mom got them bike helmets (they love their tricycles) & bells and paint with water books. She also got them each a shirt from the boutique she works at - one has a mixer truck and the other has fire truck on it. They showed very little emotion through the whole gift-opening part, but they played non-stop with the toys the rest of the night! The living room is still a mess of toys. Oh, and they've been wearing the helmets around the house because they have Lightning McQueen on them.
Daddy helping us open gifts
The new Thomas set
the construction set
Then our friends Scott & Lindsay and the Napps came over for supper. Scott & Lindsay got each of the boys a gift card to Build-a-Bear! We've never been in there before, but heard it's fun. So I'm sure there will be a post on that later! The Napps have a little boy, Davis, whose birthday is today! We didn't exchange gifts because that would just be silly. But Davis did enjoy playing with A&J's new toys and they all play so well together.
We grilled hamburgers and had all kinds of other food. Lindsay brought us a cake - a triple chocolate, almost obscene cake - that was completely yummy. And we made ice cream (by we, I mean Andrew's dad) that was also very yummy. I ate way too much. The boys did, too, they were bouncing off the walls!! They are never that animated when other people are at the house!
In other news, Aidan is potty trained!! Whoohoo!! He was just ready. He's still wearing a diaper or pull-up and wetting at night, but most naps he wakes up dry (although, I haven't let him sleep in undies yet). And last night while everybody was at the house, he stayed dry the whole time. And he stayed dry all through church today, too. We definitely still have some accidents (he pooped in his undies as soon as we got home), but that much progress only took about 3 weeks. So I'm a happy mama. Jordan is in pull-ups. I'm not the biggest fan, but it seems to help him relax about the whole thing. He just can't go very long in between potty breaks. But when he does tell me he has to go pee, he's right. So we're making slow progress with him.
And we got the results from Andrew's bloodwork and he does not have the big E antigen! So baby Asa will not have it and it won't be an issue with any other babies we might have. Praise God for that!
The boys and I all go to the doc this week for regular checks. I can't wait to see how tall these guys are - I think it's around 35inches. We know they are still about 30lbs each, but they've slimmed up a lot. I don't have an ultrasound or anything, so I'm a little sad about that. But I guess that's "normal."
1 comment:
Can I say how super impressed I am that you are potty training them right now! I've just about given up on two three year old! And, three boys is the best :) We love it. Keep showing Jesus through your family! The world sees it.
Post a Comment